The Student Room Group

ncs, brampton + kegs

i was wondering what people think of these schools from experience cos ive seen sm abt it online and they all seem to be really negative, so i just wanted a realistic opinion for someone who goes / has gone there
also if u dont mind dyu mind saying what u got for gcses
If you talking about brampton manor and not Brampton college (which is the private expensive one) I went to brampton manor. For GCSEs I got 999999887.

Now it’s definitely a lot of hard work in brampton, and you might think it’s a lot. But now that I’m at uni, I reminisce on brampton and that I’m actually thankful for going. They do a lot to help you get into the top universities and the course you want to get on. In the moment you might think “gosh this place stinks” but afterwards you’ll be thankful. Now I was in brampton during the covid times so did spend a good portion of it online, but it’s honestly not bad in my opinion. Other people will have different opinions but this is my opinion as a person coming from brampton and is now in uni (2nd year)
Original post by UrFellowMedic
If you talking about brampton manor and not Brampton college (which is the private expensive one) I went to brampton manor. For GCSEs I got 999999887.

Now it’s definitely a lot of hard work in brampton, and you might think it’s a lot. But now that I’m at uni, I reminisce on brampton and that I’m actually thankful for going. They do a lot to help you get into the top universities and the course you want to get on. In the moment you might think “gosh this place stinks” but afterwards you’ll be thankful. Now I was in brampton during the covid times so did spend a good portion of it online, but it’s honestly not bad in my opinion. Other people will have different opinions but this is my opinion as a person coming from brampton and is now in uni (2nd year)

thank you so much for replying. does brampton manor have a strict uniform policy and what did u take at a level?
Original post by anonymous.2003
thank you so much for replying. does brampton manor have a strict uniform policy and what did u take at a level?

Brampton does have a strict uniform policy. You need to wear a blazer of a specific colour (black I believe), smart white shirt, smart black trousers or skirt (knee length), and smart black shoes. They will also provide a tie for you as well (boys have to wear it, girls have a choice in wearing it)

the a levels I took were Bio, chem, maths and further maths, I decided not to drop any A levels and did all 4
Brampton does have a strict uniform policy. You need to wear a blazer of a specific colour (black I believe), smart white shirt, smart black trousers or skirt (knee length), and smart black shoes. They will also provide a tie for you as well (boys have to wear it, girls have a choice in wearing it)

the a levels I took were Bio, chem, maths and further maths, I decided not to drop any A levels and did all 4

im planning on problably taking bio, chem, maths and pe. but im not sure about their as level exam thingy. if i wanted to drop pe at the end of year 12 and still do the as level exam when im applying at uni can i mention that as one of my qualifications and does that as level give me ucas points?
im planning on problably taking bio, chem, maths and pe. but im not sure about their as level exam thingy. if i wanted to drop pe at the end of year 12 and still do the as level exam when im applying at uni can i mention that as one of my qualifications and does that as level give me ucas points?

The uni should be able to see that you’ve taken AS PE as well as the rest of the AS exams (your teachers would input that for you). One thing to note at brampton, you have to do AS for all your subjects even if dropping it, as this allows predicted a level grades to be formed.

The headteacher at brampton said that AS is typically better than college’s own end of year exams as AS is moderated and standardised, so adds more credibility to your predicted grades (which apparently makes university trust your predicted grades more as to what he said).

The AS should give UCAS points, but honestly double check on that since the universities I applied to just wanted specific predicted grades and didn’t run on a UCAS point system.
The uni should be able to see that you’ve taken AS PE as well as the rest of the AS exams (your teachers would input that for you). One thing to note at brampton, you have to do AS for all your subjects even if dropping it, as this allows predicted a level grades to be formed.

The headteacher at brampton said that AS is typically better than college’s own end of year exams as AS is moderated and standardised, so adds more credibility to your predicted grades (which apparently makes university trust your predicted grades more as to what he said).

The AS should give UCAS points, but honestly double check on that since the universities I applied to just wanted specific predicted grades and didn’t run on a UCAS point system.

oh okay so does that mean my other qualifications like lamda and piano dont count towards ucas points?
What universities did you apply to?
oh okay so does that mean my other qualifications like lamda and piano dont count towards ucas points?
What universities did you apply to?

Again double check with the uni, but typically that’s placed in your personal statement with the extra curricular activities. Depends on the course I guess but I honestly have no clue, my answer would be no but do double check. I applied to UCL, Cambridge, Bristol and Southampton, then UCL again but for a different course (I applied for Medicine so needed to apply for a backup). Decided to go to UCL and enjoying my time here!
Again double check with the uni, but typically that’s placed in your personal statement with the extra curricular activities. Depends on the course I guess but I honestly have no clue, my answer would be no but do double check. I applied to UCL, Cambridge, Bristol and Southampton, then UCL again but for a different course (I applied for Medicine so needed to apply for a backup). Decided to go to UCL and enjoying my time here!

thank you for ur reply! i want to do medicine aswell : ) how did u find the application process for Cambridge because a few of my friends were saying everything happens earlier?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending