The Student Room Group

Tier 4 Visa Priority Service?

Hi everyone,

I'm a Mexican student who is applying for a Tier 4 Visa. I already have my CAS number, all the necessary documents and the appointment at the embassy (this Monday). I'm currently working and might need to travel the next two months to south america for work reasons. For this I need my passport and would like to get it back, after I hand it in, as soon as possible. I saw that there is the option to pay for a priority service, this is where my question comes in: the priority service applies to the Tier 4 visa? I ask this because on the VFSGlobal webpage (http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/Mexico/engli ... vices.html) it says:
Who can apply?

This service is available for all visa categories with the exception of: Tier 1 exceptional talent, Settlement, EEA Family Permit and Overseas and Commonwealth visa applications. EEA Family Permit applicants are not required to purchase priority services. EEA Family Permit applications are considered priority, free of any additional charge

But on the service payment page the description of the priority service states:
The Home Office will expedite the processing of your visa application and return of your documents. Customers may request this service if they are applying for a visitor visa (excluding student visas) and have travelled without difficulty in the last five years to one of the following countries: UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Canada or a Schengen country.

Has someone used the Priority service for a Tier 4 visa? Is the possibility of it applying to a Tier 4 visa country specific?

Thank you,
Victor

Quick Reply

Latest