The Student Room Group

Applying for a VISA appointment before getting a CAS number

Does anyone know if it is possible to book a visa appointment before receiving a CAS number, and uploading the CAS document later once I have received it (before I go to my appointment, of course)?

I'm asking because I'm an international student waiting for my results, but I anticipate the biometric appointments to be very full in August (my course starts in September).
Hello!

In order to apply for your student visa, you will need to have your CAS as without the CAS number and the details on the CAS you won't be able to complete and submit your visa application. I would recommend you request your CAS from the university and then proceed with the visa application. Also, you can check for priority and super-priority services offered by UKVI (if available in your country) which makes the process a little faster. For example, the normal visa decision takes up to 15 working days whereas the priority services take 5 working days and super-priority takes 1-2 working days but comes with an additional cost.

I hope this helps! :smile:

I wish you all the very best for your visa process.
Reply 2
Original post by UniOfLincolnStudent
Hello!

In order to apply for your student visa, you will need to have your CAS as without the CAS number and the details on the CAS you won't be able to complete and submit your visa application. I would recommend you request your CAS from the university and then proceed with the visa application. Also, you can check for priority and super-priority services offered by UKVI (if available in your country) which makes the process a little faster. For example, the normal visa decision takes up to 15 working days whereas the priority services take 5 working days and super-priority takes 1-2 working days but comes with an additional cost.

I hope this helps! :smile:

I wish you all the very best for your visa process.

Thanks for the information! I can only get a CAS once I get my grades, but I don’t know when that is due to the marking boycott in the UK :frown:

Slightly unrelated, do you think I can apply for a visa within the UK after entering the country with my current student visa?

Quick Reply

Latest