The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham- exam results uploaded 7/5 but received late results email?

Hello- I’m an international student with a conditional offer. I uploaded my exam results to the Durham student portal on July 5, which meet the requirements of the offer, and called the admissions office. I was told it would take several weeks for an unconditional offer and a CAS. I need a student visa.

Today I received a general email about late results and how students should submit late results. Which makes no sense since my results were not late and already uploaded.

Anyone else have this happen?
I’m pretty sure all offer-holders got that email
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by littlewenjunhui
I’m pretty sure all offer-holders got that email

Ok thanks. Did you get it?
Original post by Anonymous
Ok thanks. Did you get it?

Yep!
Hello- I’m an international student with a conditional offer. I uploaded my exam results to the Durham student portal on July 5, which meet the requirements of the offer, and called the admissions office. I was told it would take several weeks for an unconditional offer and a CAS. I need a student visa.

Today I received a general email about late results and how students should submit late results. Which makes no sense since my results were not late and already uploaded.

Anyone else have this happen?

Hiya

I think you should be okay since it's just a general email sent out to all offer holders, so don't worry about it :smile:

-Himieka
Sounds like a mailing that went to everyone that is still conditional, regardless of whether they have uploaded docs pending review.
Reply 6
Ok thank you for the replies. I just don’t understand why it’s taking so long. It’s been over three weeks now. And I still need to apply for a student visa.
Ok thank you for the replies. I just don’t understand why it’s taking so long. It’s been over three weeks now. And I still need to apply for a student visa.

Hiya

I totally understand what you're going through. Issuing CAS is a pretty lengthy process and requires cooperation on part of UKVI as well and since many unis across the UK are sending them CAS requests, it creates a backlog. I struggled with receiving my CAS as well, it took about 4-5 weeks for me to receive mine and then I used the priority visa processing to get the visa within 5 days. This can be a frustrating time but the only advice I can offer is to be patient, you should definitely receive your CAS in enough time to get a visa :smile:

-Himieka
Reply 8
Original post by Durham Students
Hiya

I totally understand what you're going through. Issuing CAS is a pretty lengthy process and requires cooperation on part of UKVI as well and since many unis across the UK are sending them CAS requests, it creates a backlog. I struggled with receiving my CAS as well, it took about 4-5 weeks for me to receive mine and then I used the priority visa processing to get the visa within 5 days. This can be a frustrating time but the only advice I can offer is to be patient, you should definitely receive your CAS in enough time to get a visa :smile:

-Himieka

Thanks Himieka. Did you use priority visa service in person at a premium location or did you mail in your passport?
Thanks Himieka. Did you use priority visa service in person at a premium location or did you mail in your passport?

So I was using services from SI-UK and they brought in the visa people in their offices. I didn't have to mail my passport in, all the biometric procedures took place the same day and costed around £350 (equivalent in Indian rupees). Then I received my passport back with the visa stamped in it within 3-5 days.

-Himieka

Quick Reply

Latest