The Student Room Group

England fans wonder why "Anyone but England".... tonight explains it all

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DorianGrayism
`Lol.

Another bitter Scot.

Tbh, just to see the Scots bitch about England makes the WC worth it.

You're right, because England certainly doesn't make it worth it.

In an ideal world, both Scotland and England would have great teams. In fact no, every home nation
Original post by Jordooooom
You're right, because England certainly doesn't make it worth it.

In an ideal world, both Scotland and England would have great teams. In fact no, every home nation

Well, if I am right…then it would make it worth it. lol.
Original post by 1tartanarmy
Your wrong on point 1. Scottish commentators if anything discredit Scotland when we play...and when anybody on earth play...and I mean anybody...I don;t get the same feeling...even Celtic supports commentating when Celtic are playing... .

Well, Scotland are always losing at everything. So, I am not exactly sure what they are going to do. They cannot pretend they are winning.
Original post by Scumbaggio
**** off you jock ****

Jimmies have been russled.

Original 'I have a heisenburg picture, I am a badass'
Lol, typical jealous Scot
ABE is not bitterness, its the opposite: having a laugh. Its exactly the same all over the world: if you have fought several wars against a country you don't tend to support it in football games. The past is in the past now when it comes to politics (for most at any rate), but it expresses itself in football games, especially since we don't have many chances outside of sport to differentiate ourselves from England on the world stage.

The main reason I don't support England though is because of the arrogance behind the assumption that 'I'll be supporting England then', and the shock on the faces of English and foreigners alike when I say no. You wouldn't say to a Costa Rican 'so you'll be supporting Mexico then?', or to a Korean 'so you'll be supporting Japan then?' just because their own team didn't qualify and they are neighbouring countries with similar cultures. In fact it's more than that: we have always been England's rivals on the sports field, and indeed on the battlefield: it would be like saying to an Arsenal fan 'so now Arsenal are out of the running for the FA cup, you'll be supporting Chelsea then?'.
(edited 9 years ago)
Well, Scotland are always losing at everything. So, I am not exactly sure what they are going to do. They cannot pretend they are winning.

Haven't lost in the last 6 games. Beating/drawing with teams which actually have a chance of getting through the group stages of the World Cup :lol:
Haven't lost in the last 6 games. Beating/drawing with teams which actually have a chance of getting through the group stages of the World Cup :lol:

Hahahaha.

Ok mate. Have your time in the sun. EURO 2016…...here Scotland come!.
Hahahaha.

Ok mate. Have your time in the sun. EURO 2016…...here Scotland come!.

Hopefully by then out points will have risen enough so we can have groups as easy as England's! I mean, imagine getting to play San Marino instead of Germany?!
Hopefully by then out points will have risen enough so we can have groups as easy as England's! I mean, imagine getting to play San Marino instead of Germany?!

Lol. You mean having teams like Gibraltar in our group?
Why are 3 teams in the top 10 of the fifa world rankings all in the same group?
Lol. You mean having teams like Gibraltar in our group?

They are still harder than San Marino. Why is it England always gets San Marino anyway? And the hardest team you have to face is Switzerland.. Sure you'll be able to handle that?

Only 3 of them are in the world cup. Only 1 (USA) are likely to go through.
english people are just crap at football, no class, no talent only good at invading other countries for their oil.
Reply 54
Original post by ridwan12

England has the best league in the world.

That doesn't mean anything. England don't have the best league in the world. That is just another example of arrogance from the English fans. But let's assume that the premier league is the best league in the world, it is because of world class foreign players like Suarez. Name me a single world class English player who plays in the premier league.

Beat croatia home and away who are a top team... undeafeted in 6 games, unlucky to draw with nigeria and we were better than them for most of the match.

Scotland are not as bad as you think we are...you do this all the time...write teams off...its what all the bad guys do in films etc too....write off the little guy....thats why you better watch costa rica...bt of course you wont.... u will sit down and expect a victory and say "its bloody costa rica" etc etc....two losses and you still wont realise what level England are at.

It beggers belief.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by manchesterunited15
Only 3 of them are in the world cup. Only 1 (USA) are likely to go through.

Exactly, 3 out of 6. And Croatia could also potentially go through
Original post by Roger1
That doesn't mean anything. England don't have the best league in the world. That is just another example of arrogance from the English fans. But let's assume that the premier league is the best league in the world, it is because of world class foreign players like Suarez. Name me a single world class English player who plays in the premier league.

John Terry :smile:
Reply 58
Original post by manchesterunited15
John Terry :smile:

Not world class in my eyes.
Reply 59
Original post by NathanW18
Your dislike is completely understandable. The fans expectations were where they should be before the tournament started. Things started to get silly as the Italy game approached. Our performance in that game caused people to overrate the team again. Tonight comes around and we had some people saying Uruguay are a poor team and we will win comfortably. The optimism/arrogance will likely never die. Not all of us are the same way, though.

Even though the BBC and ITV are British channels, it's a little annoying that the England team has to be talked about so much. The team does not need to be discussed during games that we're not involved in.

Agree. Pretty much what I feel.

Knew England were going to lose to Italy. Didn't expect the Uruguay defeat, England were the better team tbh but Jagielka had a terrible game.

Oh well Least it means the ****ing owl can leave.

England fans can't see the commentary bias because they themselves are biased .

Agree

Quick Reply

Latest