The Student Room Group

The Wimbledon 2014 Chat Thread *Strawberries & Cream"

Scroll to see replies

In my opinion, Djokovic will win.
I can see Murray in the final but I can't see him beating Fed or Nadal if they get there.

If there's an upset it will come from Dimitrov, Nikishori or Raonic (who I think is world number 8 now).
Original post by Nerd2
LOOL you joking, right?

No why would I be?
Reply 23
Original post by tehFrance
No why would I be?

They both will never win a grand slam.
Original post by Nerd2
They both will never win a grand slam.

So? I don't care whether they will win or not, I'm behind them as they're good to watch, it isn't all about winning and Tsonga will win a Grand Slam soon!
Reply 25
Original post by tehFrance
So? I don't care whether they will win or not, I'm behind them as they're good to watch, it isn't all about winning and Tsonga will win a Grand Slam soon!

Really, their tennis is nothing amazing.

Tsgona will never ever ever ever win a Grand Slam, just doesn't have the quality.

He's a little older than Novak and Nadal, doesn't look like he's proving, if anything he's getting worse.
Reply 26
Original post by Rakas21
I can see Murray in the final but I can't see him beating Fed or Nadal if they get there.

If there's an upset it will come from Dimitrov, Nikishori or Raonic (who I think is world number 8 now).

I do like Nishikori, I reckon he could upset Raonic today.
Reply 27
I think looking at Federers tennis this year I wouldn't be surprised if he did win but if he faces djokovic or nadal then that might be a tough one.....but I still hope he wins

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nerd2
I do like Nishikori, I reckon he could upset Raonic today.

He's got a decent record against Raonic although their style of play is very different. I'd say they've both got a near equal chance against Nadal, possibly Raonic has the edge with the big serve which Nadal hates.
I'm quite disappointed with Nadal's play this year, he's out now but the fact he lost the first set in every match doesn't really show as much skill as expected. He is a fantastic player, but I think he was not playing his best this Wimbledon. My betting is on Federer to win, but I'm hoping Murray to be patriotic :tongue:
I was impressed by Kyrgios' play considering his age. He did so well. Disappointed for Nadal though.
And Nadal is out. That makes the Semi Final/Final easier for the other 3 of the big 4 then.
Reply 33
Djokovic-Wawrinka final for me.
Reply 34
Bouchard looking good.

Her tennis hasn't been bad either.
Reply 35
Dimitrov is playing extremely well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
The upsets that characterised the World Cup have spread to Wimbledon
Reply 37
now I know why the British watch war films
I sincerely hope Dimitrov beats Murray in straight sets. :sogood:
Lol, Murray just handed over that third set, Dimitrov didn't need to break a sweat.

Quick Reply

Latest