The Student Room Group

Next summer temp

Scroll to see replies

If you applied for the same position (Summer sales temp) at two different next stores .Would they only give you one of them and not both?
I applied to two stores and have been shortlisted for both :s-smilie: haha:smile:
One has an earlier closing date than the other .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by livealittle
If you applied for the same position (Summer sales temp) at two different next stores .Would they only give you one of them and not both?
I applied to two stores and have been shortlisted for both :s-smilie: haha:smile:
One has an earlier closing date than the other .

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was thinking of applying for another but I thought that they might reject me 2 in 1 if I get rejected? Does that make sense?
Original post by Acrostics
I was thinking of applying for another but I thought that they might reject me 2 in 1 if I get rejected? Does that make sense?

Yep!
I thought what if I don't get it in one might as well take a shot at another :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Acrostics

I think I needed a job ages ago to be honest. My mum has been urging me to apply from before my exams even started but I didnt view it as a priority. Now I wish that I had done something about it as I would have secured a job by now....? I don't know.. Here's to getting the job now! :smile:

That's the same with me, I wish I looked for something sooner. If I'm not successful with this I'm going to look at volunteering to make my CV look somewhat interesting haha.
Original post by Chocip
I got the email saying that I'd been shortlisted sometime last week but still haven't been called yet :confused:

Original post by bethaaaanie
I wouldn't worry too much, it did say they can contact you two weeks after the closing date. I'll let you know if I get a call, if you don't get a call after the closing date I'd ring up:smile:

Original post by corax
I've been shortlisted for this too :smile:
Hopefully I'll hear something back!

Just applied for the same job guys! I'll let you know how it all works out :biggrin:

hear anything yet?

its been roughly a week for me too...

not one call:s-smilie:

also why am I the only lad applying!:P
Original post by bethaaaanie
That's the same with me, I wish I looked for something sooner. If I'm not successful with this I'm going to look at volunteering to make my CV look somewhat interesting haha.

agreed...its damm hard to get jobs

you just have to try everywhere yeh can

but you learn from every application so its all good

even though I just got a job this year..Id say Id a decent chance to get 1 or more offers next year
Original post by Katieitak
Hey guys :biggrin:
I work for next as part of the Salesfloor Team, and got my first job at Next as a temporary job for summer sales. If you have any more questions, let me know!

havent got called yet any ideas:?

been like a week
Original post by trustmeimlying1
havent got called yet any ideas:?

been like a week

It took them a week and a bit to get back to me :smile:

If you're not successful they should let you know ASAP, so you'll know soon enough :tongue:
Original post by Katieitak
It took them a week and a bit to get back to me :smile:

If you're not successful they should let you know ASAP, so you'll know soon enough :tongue:

if I dont get it il sue them on sexism charges

so its all good:smile:
Is it only a 1 day sale?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
hear anything yet?

its been roughly a week for me too...

not one call:s-smilie:

also why am I the only lad applying!:P

Well it said in my email that it can take up to two weeks after the closing date for them to call you.
Original post by corax
Well it said in my email that it can take up to two weeks after the closing date for them to call you.

true..have they called yeh yet tho:?
Reply 52
true..have they called yeh yet tho:?

Nope :frown:
I've applied for other jobs as well and when the phone rings I think it may be a job offer/interview but it's always a sales call :laugh:
Original post by corax
Nope :frown:
I've applied for other jobs as well and when the phone rings I think it may be a job offer/interview but it's always a sales call :laugh:
least someone calls yeh p
Im good on the phone so if they call I should wing it
anyways got email just today..job offer..
but Il also have a really competitive placement(non paid)

not sure which to go for:?
Reply 54
least someone calls yeh p
Im good on the phone so if they call I should wing it
anyways got email just today..job offer..
but Il also have a really competitive placement(non paid)

not sure which to go for:?

What sort of placement job is it? If it's something you really want to do then go for it. I suppose it depends if you would rather have a paid job, to earn cash :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by corax
What sort of placement job is it? If it's something you really want to do then go for it. I suppose it depends if you would rather have a paid job, to earn cash :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeh its in my career area in a sector that interests me a lot..
I can fit in a week before the job starts but honestly I can do this next year hopefully and she did say if I get a paid job shed understand so idk..
exactly!never had a paid job too so would look good on cv
Would you consider this 'over applying'??????
There are 3 Next stores where I live .
And I've applied for summer sales temp at 2 stores. The same position for the 3rd store has just come up.Should I apply :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Would you consider this 'over applying'??????
There are 3 Next stores where I live .
And I've applied for summer sales temp at 2 stores. The same position for the 3rd store has just jump come up.Should I apply :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

why not "live a little" haha
why not "live a little" haha

*just come up*
Hahaha:biggrin:
I will tomorrow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeh its in my career area in a sector that interests me a lot..
I can fit in a week before the job starts but honestly I can do this next year hopefully and she did say if I get a paid job shed understand so idk..
exactly!never had a paid job too so would look good on cv

The placement. The Next job is only for two days so it's not worth giving up something that benefits your future!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending