The Student Room Group

boiling hot exam room

had an exam in a very small room (mobile caravan building which is painted black and absorbs all heat) which reached extremely high temp, despite outside weather only being 20 degrees.

even the invigilator was struggling and had to stand with her arm out of the window during the exam and was fanning herself. pretty much the whole class felt they were going to faint, and I had a really bad migraine after the exam.

i found the exam questions really good but the heat made it so difficult to keep going.

I've asked them to change the room and basically theyve said no and there have been no changes made. asked if i could bring in a small fan they said no (which is understandable, but they havent provided ANYTHING to help)

temp will be up to 28 degrees next time im in there, wtf am I meant to do?
(edited 10 months ago)
Bring a lot of water and be sure to stay hydrated. Maybe speak to your exams officer and make them aware of the situation?
Reply 2
yeah that sounds really uncomfortable :frown: idk if its possible to move where you do the exam, usually it's a designated room that can fit all the students who need to take the exam.
Reply 3
jeez that sounds terrible, doesn't even seem safe. even revising in a boiling house seems impossible, can't imagine doing an exam in one. are you able to bring in a cold drink? maybe that could help you, but cold water dripping on your paper isn't ideal.

Quick Reply

Latest