The Student Room Group

offer letter

I had my interview for tesco colleague last week and got a call 4 days back that i got selected but will be working in another store. The manager gave me all the details regarding my shift timings as well and told me that i'll get a kink to accept the offer the next day. but it has been 3 days and I haven't gotten any links. I went to the store directly but the manager was not there. what should i do now? I'm kinda scared now.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ishh21004
I had my interview for tesco colleague last week and got a call 4 days back that i got selected but will be working in another store. The manager gave me all the details regarding my shift timings as well and told me that i'll get a kink to accept the offer the next day. but it has been 3 days and I haven't gotten any links. I went to the store directly but the manager was not there. what should i do now? I'm kinda scared now.

See my previous reply on this.

Id either phone up or go in store again.
Also check your junk mail just in case.
Reply 3
I've been checking it. I went to the store 2 days back and they said the manager won't be at the store until tomorrow. Are there any chances of them dropping me out in the midway?
Reply 4
I've been checking it. I went to the store 2 days back and they said the manager won't be at the store until tomorrow. Are there any chances of them dropping me out in the midway?

How did you get on with things regarding Tesco....did they sort it out yet.

They would have to give you a valid reason for not giving you the job after you been given a offer.
Reply 5
Yeah yeah I got the link yesterday
Reply 6
Yeah yeah I got the link yesterday

Eventually you got it which is good news for you.
I think that it wasn't sent the first time around as reason now you received it.

You'll now be looking forward to getting started with Tesco and hopefully becoming part of the big Tesco family after you complete your initial probation period of 12 weeks.

Just to let you know that your pay will be slightly less than the current rate per hour for the probation period and then will increase to the same rate per hour as rest of the staff after that time ( roughly 50p - 80p per hour less) but don't worry about it as this is how they work.

Good luck with the job and welcome to the Tesco family.
Reply 7
Thanks a lot for the info☺️☺️
Reply 8
Thanks a lot for the info☺️☺️

No worries about letting you know about your pay because you would have to go and ask the Manager why you are short to be told what I said..... 😞😞😞😔🥰
Reply 9
That's so nice of you.. all the best for Ur career☺️
Reply 10
That's so nice of you.. all the best for Ur career☺️

I hope you will enjoy working with Tesco and you'll be given a permanent position after your initial 12 weeks.

I AM already doing my chosen career but I still stayed working with Tesco part-time ( was full time) through my university degree.
Reply 11
Ohh great.. and I want to know something.. one of my shifts is from 2PM-11PM. Since it's a closing shift will I be working past 11? Like cleaning the store and things like that?
Reply 12
Ohh great.. and I want to know something.. one of my shifts is from 2PM-11PM. Since it's a closing shift will I be working past 11? Like cleaning the store and things like that?

Sorry about the late response.

So congratulations on getting your job with Tesco again. Glad you finally got things sorted out.

So your shift is between 2pm - 11pm which means that you should finish up at 11pm okay, if they want you and others to stay behind to clean up things then you should be entitled to overtime.

There are usually a team of cleaners who'll come in early the next morning to clean the staffroom, toilets and shop floor ( if your store closes at 11pm until the following morning about 6/7am. ).

Just remember that your contractual finishing time is 11pm.
Reply 13
Thanks a lot for helping me out.
Reply 14
btw another doubt...sorry for bombarding you with questions... ig i have 3 shifts before the payday.. will i get paid for those 3 shifts? and also I haven't received my colleague number yet so I didn't clock in and out today. will that be considered as my shift?

Original post by Tracey_W
Sorry about the late response.

So congratulations on getting your job with Tesco again. Glad you finally got things sorted out.

So your shift is between 2pm - 11pm which means that you should finish up at 11pm okay, if they want you and others to stay behind to clean up things then you should be entitled to overtime.

There are usually a team of cleaners who'll come in early the next morning to clean the staffroom, toilets and shop floor ( if your store closes at 11pm until the following morning about 6/7am. ).

Just remember that your contractual finishing time is 11pm.
Reply 15
btw another doubt...sorry for bombarding you with questions... ig i have 3 shifts before the payday.. will i get paid for those 3 shifts? and also I haven't received my colleague number yet so I didn't clock in and out today. will that be considered as my shift?

Hi

These are the paydays for Tesco for rest of the year.

Depends on whether you started working with Tesco before the cutoff date for staff recieving there pay the following week.... The cutoff date is the week before payday - so for this month May it will be around the 22nd May.
You may miss it for this month pay.......

You'll receive your Tesco payroll number when you receive your first payslip......

Apr 28th
May 26th
Jun 23rd
Jul 21st
Aug 18th
Sep 15th
Oct 13th
Nov 10th
Dec 8th

They should have inputted you into the computer system manually until you receive your ID sign in card..... make sure with your manager this is happening okay.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 16
Thanks a lot for helping me out.

No probs okay ☺️☺️
Reply 17
Original post by Tracey_W
Hi

These are the paydays for Tesco for rest of the year.

Depends on whether you started working with Tesco before the cutoff date for staff recieving there pay the following week.... The cutoff date is the week before payday - so for this month May it will be around the 22nd May.
You may miss it for this month pay.......

You'll receive your Tesco payroll number when you receive your first payslip......

Apr 28th
May 26th
Jun 23rd
Jul 21st
Aug 18th
Sep 15th
Oct 13th
Nov 10th
Dec 8th

They should have inputted you into the computer system manually until you receive your ID sign in card..... make sure with your manager this is happening okay.

Yeahh okayy I'll be going to my shift tomorrow. And I think I'll be paid for one shift since cut off will be around 20th or 19th( a week before PD). I just have to make sure with the manager that it's manually done in the system ig
Yeahh okayy I'll be going to my shift tomorrow. And I think I'll be paid for one shift since cut off will be around 20th or 19th( a week before PD). I just have to make sure with the manager that it's manually done in the system ig

Note you will eventually get paid for those shifts, but it may just get rolled into next months payslip. So you might end up with a very big payslip next month then going down to your usual pay for the following ones. They won't just not pay you (and if you DON'T get paid for the shifts in the following month payslip make sure to follow up with them!).
Reply 19

Yes make sure they have imputed your hour's into the computer system until you receive your swipe in/out card okay.
Like the poster in #19 said event you'll be paid for everything you done.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending