The Student Room Group

I don't want to go to my insurance choice

So I'm dead certain that if I don't get into my firm choice, I'm going to resit a few modules and apply again next year. Leicester is my insurance and I heard it was best to pull out before results day so I was just wondering if anyone knew who I should contact? Do I phone UCAS or contact the uni straight away? Thanks!
Reply 1
or email the uni and speak to their admissions office.
If you are certain that you don't want to go into Clearing either, there is no point withdrawing from your insurance choice, as far as I am aware. You are not contractually obliged to go even if you meet their conditions, so why not leave your options open?
Reply 3
Original post by Schadenfreude65
If you are certain that you don't want to go into Clearing either, there is no point withdrawing from your insurance choice, as far as I am aware. You are not contractually obliged to go even if you meet their conditions, so why not leave your options open?

Ive heard it's more difficult to get out of your insurance though on results day? Yeah I don't want to go into clearing.
Reply 4
Original post by NicCx
Ive heard it's more difficult to get out of your insurance though on results day? Yeah I don't want to go into clearing.

It's only more difficult if you want something else. If you want nothing it's fine - but maywless stressful to get things sorted earlier

Posted from TSR Mobile
The problem arises if you want to go into Clearing and have to wait for your firm/insurance to release you, which can take several days, by which time a lot of the Clearing places will have gone. This isn't an issue for you, as there is no urgency in getting them to release you. I think it's better to be cautious at this stage, in case you change your mind over the summer.
Reply 6
Original post by Schadenfreude65
The problem arises if you want to go into Clearing and have to wait for your firm/insurance to release you, which can take several days, by which time a lot of the Clearing places will have gone. This isn't an issue for you, as there is no urgency in getting them to release you. I think it's better to be cautious at this stage, in case you change your mind over the summer.

great ok, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending