The Student Room Group

first car | audi tt roaster mk3 2015

right so, im ny on about to turn 16, i claim pip so im able to drive at 16, i was wondering if anyone knew accurate insurance prices, car will be kept on a drive and i want FULL coverage, price isnt an issue
It’ll only be accurate if you get a quote with your own details.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
It’ll only be accurate if you get a quote with your own details.

ok thank you :smile:
5-10k insurance probably and most of the good providers won't cover you. Pretty much no one here will agree it's a good choice of first car and your insurance will be this high because they know from exp you are almost certainly going to have an accident (You'd also need to pay it all upfront as you're too young for credit)

Most drivers wanting something sporty have a few years No claims Bonus and years of driving exp behind them to soften this blow.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by StriderHort
5-10k insurance probably and most of the good providers won't cover you. Pretty much no one here will agree it's a good choice of first car and your insurance will be this high because they know from exp you are almost certainly going to have an accident (You'd also need to pay it all upfront as you're too young for credit)

Most drivers wanting something sporty have a few years No claims Bonus and years of driving exp behind them to soften this blow.

literally no guarantee im going to have an accident, im driving it to school and back which is five minutes.. possibly to my mates house also which is 2 minutes, and ive discovered i have to do disability insurance so yes i will be covered

it is a good choice of a first car, i want a convertible and it's one of the safest out there, since then i have changed to the audi a3 cabriolet for a 4 seater.. the insurance is also way lower than 5-10k in normal insurance too, severely lower in disabled insurance.

money isn't an issue either way.
If you have unlimited funds to cover it that's fair enough (Audi repair costs are a lot, mine also costs £800 per set of tyres)

I'm not saying you will certainly crash, but as a 16 year old trying to buy a sporty car for the school run.... you are in a sky high risk category, both crashes and vandalism. Can I ask what quotes you get through disability insurance?

I see that you've changed to an A3, but I'll tell you simply that a TT is in no way a good first car. I've been driving for years and owned several roadsters and Audis. (Don't get me wrong, I totally get why you want it, and at 16 I don't really expect you to know what a good choice is)
Be careful buying old convertibles, esp in salter areas BTW, they tend to flex a lot more due the lack of roof support and let more water into the frame, my last one was riddled)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending