The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'd say the toilets in Northampton Bus Station, most disgusting place I've ever been ... horrendous!
For me it was Prague, beautiful city, but people are juste awful with tourist they manipulate you and try to steal your money when you want to buy in a shop because we don't have the same money. They are distant, cold and rude I had a very bad experience there.
Original post by RFET
for me - Luton or Rochdale.

Hahaha i love it. Rochdale is my home town!!!
Original post by Joshale
Rochdale is awful (unfortunately living here) but does have nice places, and is x10 better than moss side, Salford and others.

For me it would be Hull, Moss Side and Cyprus

Cyprus beaches were nice, it's generally some of the people there, creepy weirdo's.

Haha yesssss hello my fellow Rochdalian!
Currently living in Salford now so I concur!
Worst place I've ever been was Disney Land Florida.
I did a US Road Trip about two years ago, drove from NY to Florida. Over 100 degrees, tourists, kids, walking in the heat. It was just hell.
Original post by Last Day Lepers
North east england.

Which part didn't you like?
Original post by rayquaza17
Which part didn't you like?

All of it.
Original post by AmyBurge
Toronto is by far the worst place ive ever been too! Couldn't even walk a 5 min walk from the hotel to the centre without being harrassed by some one asking for money. We even had some guy start shouting abuse in my boyfriends face as he walked past us! Its a pretty rough place!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I quite liked Toronto when I went there. Granted, it's not as nice as Vancouver but I still thought it was pretty good as far as big cities go.
Reply 68
Some parts of Paris are really awful. There are probably similar districts in other big cities too but I successfully avoided them.
Just a warzone , Somalia :colondollar:
My hometown Huntingdon is the worst place I have been too, sadly I'm still here.
Scandinavia. Cold, dirty, expensive and unfriendly.
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
I quite liked Toronto when I went there. Granted, it's not as nice as Vancouver but I still thought it was pretty good as far as big cities go.

I guess compared to some other places it's .. okayish. I think my reason for not liking it is because I was on honeymoon, we started off 2 weeks in the beautiful Canadian Rockies I Banff, then flew to Toronto for the last few days before flying home. The fact it was just so different probably impaired my judgement. If I wasn't on my honeymoon, I may have thought differently about it. I just found it quite dirty, the Eaton centre was pretty much all there was to do around there. It was late Decemeber so our trip up the CN tower was horrible, they told us 0% visibility that day due to the fog but we had already pre-paid for our tickets and they would not refund us. We did see a Maple Leaf's ice hockey game which was really cool. But I just felt really vulnerable walking around the city, we were approached so many times asked for money etc, I really didn't like that. Maybe we were just in a rough part of town I don't know.
Original post by ldsbabe
Haha yesssss hello my fellow Rochdalian!
Currently living in Salford now so I concur!

from a dump to an even bigger dump!
Original post by AmyBurge
I guess compared to some other places it's .. okayish. I think my reason for not liking it is because I was on honeymoon, we started off 2 weeks in the beautiful Canadian Rockies I Banff, then flew to Toronto for the last few days before flying home. The fact it was just so different probably impaired my judgement. If I wasn't on my honeymoon, I may have thought differently about it. I just found it quite dirty, the Eaton centre was pretty much all there was to do around there. It was late Decemeber so our trip up the CN tower was horrible, they told us 0% visibility that day due to the fog but we had already pre-paid for our tickets and they would not refund us. We did see a Maple Leaf's ice hockey game which was really cool. But I just felt really vulnerable walking around the city, we were approached so many times asked for money etc, I really didn't like that. Maybe we were just in a rough part of town I don't know.

Maybe I was just luckier than you in that I didn't come across any of the bad parts of the city. I can also see how going from the Rockies to there would have been quite a change.
Reply 75
North east england for sure
Worst place in England: Birmingham. Even their famous Selfridges building is covered in dirt.
Worst place I've visited so far: Singapore. The humidity is suffocating.
Luton. I spent an hour there and vowed never to return, awful place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DailyMailIsALiar
I'd say the toilets in Northampton Bus Station, most disgusting place I've ever been ... horrendous!

I'd say the old Greyfriars in general was shocking :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't been to any particualy awful places in the UK but abroad I'd either say Cairo or Bintulu in Malaysia.
I feel bad for saying Bintulu though because my Mum is from there :s-smilie:

Latest