The Student Room Group

Pharmacy via Clearing

Hello!
Please can people let me know what grades they (or anyone they know) got into Pharmacy with through clearing and the university please! I have ruined my chances of fulfilling my offer after a bad exam, so if anyone could let me know I would be really greatful.
As someone who has taken many exams, I know how the questions you didn't know or messed up on play on your mind far harder than those you got right. Assuming that you at least made a fair attempt at the exam, there is a good chance you have done better than you think you have.

Still, even if you have missed on a grade, clearing can vary year-on-year. I have known people who didn't go to their firm because they missed a grade by only a few marks, whereas others have been admitted despite missing a grade. It really depends on a number of factors, cheifly, whether or not the number of people who accept a place after results exceeds or falls short of places available.

My advice would be to accept you can't change your exam performance, no matter how bad it seems in your head, and enjoy a well-earned summer break before you get your results. If the worst happens and you don't get in, then the thing that will pay off is persistence. Be prepared to aggressively ring up universities ASAP to check for clearance - once places are gone they are gone, and the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
(edited 5 years ago)
I wouldn't worry. Even Nottingham was in Clearing last year along with Bham and Aston i think.
Pharmacy courses are actively recruiting in Clearing to get bums on seats and take your 9k a year off you.
If you really want to do Pharmacy you will probably get in somewhere especially if you only drop a grade.
I have read over the years of people getting in with CCD to the old 'poly' Unis, so don't worry.
What about even ditching Pharmacy for Optometry or Chemical Engineering or Biotechnology ??
Good luck !
Urgent advice do not take pharmacy as your degree.

Check out all posts on TSR on this subject.

My brother is a pharmacist and is struggling to get work at good pay rates.

There is a big oversupply of people for this job so it is bringing pay down.
Original post by LouiseRu
Urgent advice do not take pharmacy as your degree.

Check out all posts on TSR on this subject.

My brother is a pharmacist and is struggling to get work at good pay rates.

There is a big oversupply of people for this job so it is bringing pay down.

This has been the case for several years now and is only going to get worse before it gets better, so if your main motivation to doing Pharmacy is money, that ship sailed years ago!! So try harder for Medicine next year or try something else. In Pharmacy you are looking at rates of £15 to £20 per hour as NQP, depending where you are in UK.
Reply 5
You will be fine and get offers through clearing worst comes to worst
Hi guys! i really like the look of Uni of Birm for pharmacy but i didnt put it down as one of my options. So on results day If i decide to go through clearing for pharmacy at Birm, will they interview me first or just look at my application/grades and accept me? I'm looking at AAB or ABB. Also, if you go through clearing for Birm, what is the likely hood of you securing accommadation at the bigger accommadations like Liberty Living, the metal works and the vale?
Reply 7
Hello, I was wondering if you got pharmacy at uoB through clearing, im looking to find a pharmacy course on clearing at uoB because it wasn't originally where I had applied for but I do wanna go there.
Original post by Yans18_
Hello, I was wondering if you got pharmacy at uoB through clearing, im looking to find a pharmacy course on clearing at uoB because it wasn't originally where I had applied for but I do wanna go there.

I think you possibly could. If they have spaces I don't see why they wouldn't accept you onto the course, especially if you meet most of their requirements. However, pharmacy is not on their site as a clearing option so you may have to call up on the day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending