The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

UOB Moving in day 2014?

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone could reassure me of what the moving in day will be for new students in September 2014. My mum wants to book it off work so I don't want to give her the wrong dates. I found here -http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/welcome/parents/key-dates.aspx#a2014 - that new arrivals are 20-21st September, this is referring to us and will be the days we move in right? Thanks
Reply 1
I need to know this too, for the same reason. I hope someone to reply us :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by Elirin95
I need to know this too, for the same reason. I hope someone to reply us :smile:

I think you will be safe to tell her it is the 20-21st september because I don't see what else it could mean, I was just hoping someone could definitely confirm haha :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by waxfilledtin
I think you will be safe to tell her it is the 20-21st september because I don't see what else it could mean, I was just hoping someone could definitely confirm haha :tongue:

I was hoping the same since I have to book a flight to get to Bham hahahaa (I'm from Italy), so I'd like to be sure about the dates :smile:
Hi guys. I can confirm the move-in day will be on the 20th and 21st of Sept. You'll get more information about the dates and your time slot once you receive an offer of accommodation. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
I was mistakenly going by the term date of October 1st haha

Now I have to sell my Alt-J tickets :'(
Original post by D_Biddles

Haha, sorry to hear that :smile: I don't know why they've put october 1st on UCAS...
Reply 7
Original post by Immune system
Haha, sorry to hear that :smile: I don't know why they've put october 1st on UCAS...

I think that's the actual start day of the courses :smile:
Reply 8

1st October is when we start our course, but uni of bhams website says we start course 29th september, which makes more sense as that is a monday. I think we move in 20-21, makes sense, its a weekend. I think it defo is. We'll find out results day
Like the poster above said,

The first day of lectures is Monday 29th September, this means that Freshers' Week is the week before (starting Monday 22nd) so yes the moving-in weekend would be the 20-21st. :smile:
Original post by Elirin95
I was hoping the same since I have to book a flight to get to Bham hahahaa (I'm from Italy), so I'd like to be sure about the dates :smile:

I'm flying in from Singapore :smile: I'm pretty sure that we're supposed to move in on the 20th and 21st (I've booked my ticket). I managed to find last year's UoB blog for new students, http://uobquestions.blogspot.sg. I found it to be pretty useful, hope that helps in a way or another. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by waxfilledtin
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone could reassure me of what the moving in day will be for new students in September 2014. My mum wants to book it off work so I don't want to give her the wrong dates. I found here -http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/welcome/parents/key-dates.aspx#a2014 - that new arrivals are 20-21st September, this is referring to us and will be the days we move in right? Thanks

I tweeted UOB and they confirmed that it is in fact the 21st September (although you can come sooner if you want to). Courses start on the 29th as well as a rule. I've received my offer of accommodation already and the email stated that more information from the Uni and individual departments (like reading lists and welcome info etc) was on its way in the post.
Reply 12
Can't wait to go!:biggrin: What accommodation are you in?
Reply 13
Same!! :biggrin: I'm in Jarratt Hall, you?

Tennis Courts mate
Reply 14
Original post by D_Biddles

If you are still selling your tickets, I would love to buy them :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending