The Student Room Group

What medicial schools still do Cadaver dissection?

Scroll to see replies

sheffield. tbh prosections are much better to learn than dissection (and i go to sheff)
Original post by Sambo2
Probably the best anatomy teaching in the UK happens in St Andrews. It's ridiculously thorough and you dissect in small groups in an ultra modern laboratory every week for 2 and a half years, covering the entire body in huge detail - support by lectures, surface anatomy and micro labs. The anatomy team is legendary and the teaching is excellent, if possibly a bit too in depth..

Regardless of my bias, I would have to agree with this. The anatomy teaching in St Andrews is superb, apparently we're known for it at our clinical schools.
tbh, I doubt I'd know any anatomy without it
Original post by Shengis14
Regardless of my bias, I would have to agree with this. The anatomy teaching in St Andrews is superb, apparently we're known for it at our clinical schools.

I'm 3rding this.
Original post by Shengis14

As an Edinburgh medic, I have heard that you guys tend to be ahead in terms of anatomy knowledge when we come together. Don't know if you can say 'best in UK' but certainly more thorough than what we have (although that isn't saying much :tongue: )

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Asklepios
As an Edinburgh medic, I have heard that you guys tend to be ahead in terms of anatomy knowledge when we come together. Don't know if you can say 'best in UK' but certainly more thorough than what we have (although that isn't saying much :tongue: )

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't, and wouldn't, say we were anywhere near the best in the UK, just that it's pretty good, and if good anatomy teaching is a major factor for someone picking which medical schools to apply for, then they should consider St Andrews.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending