The Student Room Group

Are you allowed to order takeaways when you're in Halls?

I'm going to Uni this september and wondering what happens if you order takeaway one night for yourself or a group of us get pizzas or stuff? I know at my halls you have to have a key to even get into the main building, let alone the flats, would there be like a buzzer or something for you to come down and meet the delivery guy or would the receptionist let the guy in and then buzz our flat or something? :confused:
LOL love this. Yea you can order takeaway when you're living in halls, believe me I don't think I would have survived if you couldn't!. They usually call you and discuss where to meet, most takeaway places are used to delivering to students
Yeah I see it all the time, why would you not be able to haha?
Original post by PC2852
I'm going to Uni this september and wondering what happens if you order takeaway one night for yourself or a group of us get pizzas or stuff? I know at my halls you have to have a key to even get into the main building, let alone the flats, would there be like a buzzer or something for you to come down and meet the delivery guy or would the receptionist let the guy in and then buzz our flat or something? :confused:

Yes you can order takeaways, at my uni there were no receptionists or buzzers in halls, it was up to you to go and meet the delivery guy when they called.
Yes- I had Domino's so many times, especially when I had friends from home staying over because it avoided the problem of cooking for them :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending