The Student Room Group

magaluf vs relationship

basically i've been with my boyfriend a year and a half now- he's gone on his first 'lads' holiday to magaluf. He said he'd never cheat on me but magaluf is maga luf. it's come to tonight and he won't reply to my messages and when i phone him he puts it to answer machine. He then texted saying 'i'll text you later'. Why can't he call me? I feel as if he's got some thing to hide. His friends are on wifi but he states that his isn't working. We also arranged a time for him to call me and he didn't. Instead, he called me and stated we'd arranged that time instead...when i know for a fact we hadn't. I don't know what do i feel like i'm hitting my head against a brick wall like he's not interested

Scroll to see replies

Is he still over there?
Reply 2
Yes
He's on holiday & doesn't want to spend it glued to the phone maybe???
Reply 4
I'm not saying be glued to it but why say a time then not stick to it?
Reply 5
DEFO BANGING IN MAGALUF :sexface:
Bit Shady I reckon, he should at least have the decency to call or text now and again to keep you updated. What reason could there be for him not to do that? People act like this when they're having fun in the sun but forget about the people back at home who are gonna be around for much longer than a few weeks !
Original post by cat24
basically i've been with my boyfriend a year and a half now- he's gone on his first 'lads' holiday to magaluf. He said he'd never cheat on me but magaluf is maga luf. it's come to tonight and he won't reply to my messages and when i phone him he puts it to answer machine. He then texted saying 'i'll text you later'. Why can't he call me? I feel as if he's got some thing to hide. His friends are on wifi but he states that his isn't working. We also arranged a time for him to call me and he didn't. Instead, he called me and stated we'd arranged that time instead...when i know for a fact we hadn't. I don't know what do i feel like i'm hitting my head against a brick wall like he's not interested

Why are you constantly calling and being paranoid? If anything that sort of behaviour will eventually drive him away. You simply need to trust him. If he breaks your trust, it's hardly you who should be embarrassed. Heaven forbid that it should happen, but if it does, he'll be the cheater, you'll be the one dumping him and getting sympathy, and you'll know he was never right for you.

I am in a serious and trusting long-term relationship and if I was trying to have fun on a lairy lads' holiday I would get very annoyed very quickly if my girlfriend was constantly ringing and texting checking I was in bed etc. And I would be right to.
Reply 8
Original post by cat24

He's definitely cheating on you, there's no question about that. Why you would allow your boyfriend to go to Magaluf for a 'lads' holiday in the first place is really baffling...you know guys only go there to get laid and wasted, so why would you let him go? You should have gone with him or tell him Magaluf isn't a place for a loyal boyfriend.
Original post by cat24
I'm not saying be glued to it but why say a time then not stick to it?

Probably resented all along being checked up on but didn't want to say, and or was too busy having fun, forgot and made up an excuse about the times. I can see myself doing both those things but I would never cheat - proof: I lived in another country to my girlfriend for the best part of a year
Reply 10
You obviously don't trust the dude... You can see where I'm going with this...
What goes on in Magaluf........stays in Magaluf,,,,,,,,
Reply 12
Hmm, he may be peer pressured by friends to keep his phone away maybe? Or he may want to just have fun as he is on a holiday? Or he may want to join in with what the lads are doing? Hence your constant calls may be frustrating him. Now as a girl I know how frustrating your position must be; saying he call and calls later. My advice is just play the same game, don't call him let him call you (if or whenever he does), don't text him if he hasn't texted you ect. eventually he'll realise (hopefully) and call you more? and your solution shall hopefully be solved.

:smile: Goodluck
Reply 13
Original post by cat24

he's going to cheat on you. its magaluf.

if you were my girlfriend and i went on holiday anywhere without you. i would not want to speak to you on the phone. its to expensive. i would also not want to text you constantly. i would contact when im bored or rested elsewhere and wasnt having fun. but if i am having fun and dont want to waste my holiday being glued to the phone and ESPECIALLY if your being a pain in the arse and getting all insecure i would probably just start ignoring you flat out. or maybe even turn off my phone. its suppose to be my relaxation, my ME time, my GET AWAY (from everything including u). and i dont need your drama bringing me down.

anyway he probably wont phone you because he's talking to his mates and it kills the fun to walk away in the middle of guy banter time to talk bullsh*t "miss you babes" nothings with u.

how do you know his mates are on wifi?

also he's probably stone blind drunk all the time so i wouldnt be suprised if hes getting things wrong.

i've had mates miss their flights before because they were so disoriented. and the flights a bit more important than "checking in with the missus"
Reply 14
He's one of the 24 obviously.
Reply 15
Thanks all- I've tried my best to trust him and in no way do I want to be controlling but he knows how paranoid I get and to take advantage of that I think is a little vile. Also, when he says he'll do something and he doesn't that completely knocks my trust as if he's not following that through how do I know he's not cheating on me?? Especially when he says he'll call me and doesn't...he says I'm being a tit all the time but I feel he's not taking me seriously.
Whilst he's been there with his friends he's laughed on the phone at me with them and really embarrassed me.
If he's acting like this how will i know in the future he hasn't cheated on me? I feel as if a year and a half has just been wasted.
Reply 16
You clearly don't trust him - it doesn't matter if he cheats or not. Cheating ruins relationships because it ruins trust, but you don't trust him in the first place. You need to either trust him or break up with him because relationships without trust don't work.
Jesus Christ, leave the guy alone. He's probably busy.
If he's called you already, or is just known for being **** whipped at home, his mate's have probably put him on no phone rules. Nobody wants their mate ringing his gf all the time when you're busy trying to have a good time in Maga. It's only a week act like adults, trust each other and remember you're not joined at the ****ing hip.

And if he is cheating go round his and shag his dad.
Original post by cat24
Thanks all- I've tried my best to trust him and in no way do I want to be controlling but he knows how paranoid I get and to take advantage of that I think is a little vile. Also, when he says he'll do something and he doesn't that completely knocks my trust as if he's not following that through how do I know he's not cheating on me?? Especially when he says he'll call me and doesn't...he says I'm being a tit all the time but I feel he's not taking me seriously.
Whilst he's been there with his friends he's laughed on the phone at me with them and really embarrassed me.
If he's acting like this how will i know in the future he hasn't cheated on me? I feel as if a year and a half has just been wasted.

It's not up to him to act as a nurse maid to your insecurities. If you have trust issues those are yours to deal with. If he was doing the same thing to you as you are to him I guarantee you'd be fuming, calling him controlling & saying he has no trust in you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending