The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Uni of Manchester Freshers 2014-15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RachelAnne96
Clicking the student loan button takes me to a page where I have to enter my bank details and set up a direct debit and the 'I am not paying my own fees' button just brings up a message saying "If you are not paying your own tuition fees and your sponsorship is not currently showing on your account, please email a copy of your letter to [email protected]"

Hmm, strange. I'd either wait to see if someone else replies or contact Student Services. You can phone them on 0161 275 5000 (option 4) or email them at [email protected]. :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
Hmm, strange. I'd either wait to see if someone else replies or contact Student Services. You can phone them on 0161 275 5000 (option 4) or email them at [email protected]. :smile:

Okay thanks for the help :smile:
Original post by RachelAnne96
Oh mine looks a bit different?

fees.png

Has all your student loan stuff been confirmed?
Original post by Jordanap
Has all your student loan stuff been confirmed?

I changed my bank account details last week but it says my payments are scheduled online?
Reply 2464
There's a thread for Denmark Road here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2804271 :smile:

Thank you!
Reply 2465
I've already registered, however I would like to change my course from Physics to Physics with Theoretical Physics and wondered if there's a place on the MyManchester place to do this. I'm at the enroll menu and it has classes to "add, drop" etc. but I don't want to touch anything yet so I thought I'd ask here first how I would go about switching. Thanks!
Original post by muonz
I've already registered, however I would like to change my course from Physics to Physics with Theoretical Physics and wondered if there's a place on the MyManchester place to do this. I'm at the enroll menu and it has classes to "add, drop" etc. but I don't want to touch anything yet so I thought I'd ask here first how I would go about switching. Thanks!

I'd email the school/department and see if they'll let you switch :smile:
Original post by muonz

It's not as simple as that, you'd need to contact the department as Rosasaurr said.
Original post by harrypadley
Hey guys, I'm doing Biochemistry with a year in industry. Just wondering whether anyone has purchased a red or black welcome week package wristband which gives you access to the 4 party nights. Looks pretty awesome but its 50 quid - wondering whether its worth it
<link removed by mod>
(Go to students union website - welcome week parties/packages to see what I'm on about)

Hey doing the same course as you! Which accommodation do you have?
Im going to buy it when I get there :P
Reply 2469
Original post by Rosasaurr
I'd email the school/department and see if they'll let you switch :smile:

It's not as simple as that, you'd need to contact the department as Rosasaurr said.

Alright, thanks!

Which email specifically?
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm an EU student and I was wondering if I could register when arriving in Manchester as I am not yet sure which optional course units to choose. In relation to this I read somewhere there will be the possibility of attending "a demo"(so to say) of this courses to better know what we will be learning and that's why I decided to wait. Apart from that can somebody briefly describe the whole process taking place after my arrival let's say?
In honesty mate I think you might have left it a bit late (seeing as courses begin in the next few weeks). However, the best thing to do would be to ring Student Services as soon as possible, they would be able to give you a better answer than anyone here can.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by muonz
Alright, thanks!

Which email specifically?

Their website says the email address for current student enquiries is [email protected].

Original post by Tinkerbell10
I'm an EU student and I was wondering if I could register when arriving in Manchester as I am not yet sure which optional course units to choose. In relation to this I read somewhere there will be the possibility of attending "a demo"(so to say) of this courses to better know what we will be learning and that's why I decided to wait. Apart from that can somebody briefly describe the whole process taking place after my arrival let's say?

Registration is open until the 30th of September so yes, you can register after you arrive. The registration process itself doesn't actually involve selecting your optional units though so you can register without worrying about tying yourself down.
What is the main event at Manchester's freshers, I've heard they have **** freshers weeks compared to the likes of Leeds and Newcaste.
Original post by TerminallyChill
In honesty mate I think you might have left it a bit late (seeing as courses begin in the next few weeks). However, the best thing to do would be to ring Student Services as soon as possible, they would be able to give you a better answer than anyone here can.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who are you replying to?

Original post by Darkwarrior23
What is the main event at Manchester's freshers, I've heard they have **** freshers weeks compared to the likes of Leeds and Newcaste.

Pangea is the flagship event, so to speak. Everything else going on during Welcome Week can be found on the SU's website: http://manchesterstudentsunion.com/
Who are you replying to?

Pangea is the flagship event, so to speak. Everything else going on during Welcome Week can be found on the SU's website: http://manchesterstudentsunion.com/

How do you think Manchester competes with other big Northern Universities in terms of nightlife?
Original post by Darkwarrior23
How do you think Manchester competes with other big Northern Universities in terms of nightlife?

Personally, I don't really know but Which? University ranked it number 5 in the UK according to students.
Original post by yeollum
Does anyone else not have the option for registration? Nothing on my student center will let me register :confused:

Yeah i have the same problem. Tried it a couple of time but theres nothing to register. Im just gonna try again and if it dont work we can always drop in during our freshers week to sort it out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who are you replying to?

Is it possible to buy Pangea tickets as stand alone tickets rather than as part of wristband??

50 quid seems way too much atm but il see when i get there but really wanna go to Pangea :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SuperNinja
Is it possible to buy Pangea tickets as stand alone tickets rather than as part of wristband??

50 quid seems way too much atm but il see when i get there but really wanna go to Pangea :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The SU website says only returning students can buy standalone tickets because you have to login to your university account. I can't really see what's stopping new students from doing it though if they've set up their account. This page has a link to the standalone tickets anyway: http://manchesterstudentsunion.com/pangaea

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending