The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

University of Nottingham 2015 Entry?

Scroll to see replies

How did everyone's AS Levels go? I'm wanting to apply for Politics/Economics (AAA) at Notts so I was relieved that my results (AABB) have kept me on track sort of.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Anyone going to the open days next week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Itsmonique
Anyone going to the open days next week?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep I am :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Afghan Warrior

Yay! What course are you hoping to do?
Original post by Itsmonique
Yay! What course are you hoping to do?

Pharmacy and you?

Train tickets are so expensive!! Omg. I've also booked another two open days away from home, so much money is being spent on travelling to them!!
Reply 65
I'm hoping to apply to social work!
Reply 66
Anyone know how culturally/racially diverse Nottingham is?
Reply 67
I'm applying for postgraduate entry - MRes in Visual Culture. Visited the city a few times, just not the university yet.
Pharmacy and you?

Train tickets are so expensive!! Omg. I've also booked another two open days away from home, so much money is being spent on travelling to them!!

Me too! I'm just happy I get the day off from school tomorrow - ofsted is paying a visit :tongue: . Yeah the train tickets are expensive maybe it's due to the long train journey which I'm not looking forward to! And yeah I'm hoping to apply for pharmacy soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pharmacy and you?

Me too! Hoping to apply to universities soon! The cost for train tickets is a joke, I may be due to the long train journey which i am not looking forward to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
There's been a fire at one of the uni campus' last night, does anyone know if that's affected the open day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nikmali
There's been a fire at one of the uni campus' last night, does anyone know if that's affected the open day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi on the bbc news article it says that the planned open day for proposed undergrads is still to I underway
Reply 72
Original post by neal95
Hi on the bbc news article it says that the planned open day for proposed undergrads is still to I underway

Ah thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nikmali
Ah thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries at all :smile:
Anyone going today? I'm an hour away eeeeee. I'm applying for economics :smile:
Reply 75
Hi! I'm applying to Chinese and IR (AAB) and Gloval Issues and Chinese (AAB)

My AS grades weren't as expected, but I'm resitting most of my AS modules. I got AABCD. I'm applying to Notts, Notts, Edinburgh, Leeds and Newcastle.

I was unable to go to the open day, what did you guys think of the uni? I've never actually been to Nottingham before.

I'd also like to know your thoughts on applying to two courses at Nottingham. It's my favourite uni, especially because of the Ningbo campus, being a Chinese student and all. I've heard Nottingham is one of the few unis to occasionally offer you another course if they reject your offer. On the one hand I'm anxious about risking not getting a place on any course at Nottingham, with it being my favourite, but at the same time I don't want to 'waste' any of my choices. What are your opinions on this?
Reply 76
Original post by disillusion
Anyone going today? I'm an hour away eeeeee. I'm applying for economics :smile:

Hey, me too but I don't to A level maths so i'm quite worried about whether I would be able to handle the mathsy side of it. Does anyone else not do A level maths but still thinking of doing pure economics?
Original post by vivt97
Hey, me too but I don't to A level maths so i'm quite worried about whether I would be able to handle the mathsy side of it. Does anyone else not do A level maths but still thinking of doing pure economics?

I'm doing A-Level maths. Went to the 11.00 economics talk. I'm considering PPE though. But I actually hate maths haha but hate theory even more so would do the applied bit she was discussing
Reply 78
Original post by disillusion
I'm doing A-Level maths. Went to the 11.00 economics talk. I'm considering PPE though. But I actually hate maths haha but hate theory even more so would do the applied bit she was discussing

At least you will understand the maths side and won't be behind even if you don't enjoy it. What did you get in it?
Original post by vivt97
At least you will understand the maths side and won't be behind even if you don't enjoy it. What did you get in it?

A:smile: AAAAB at AS. Hahah my personal statement is killing me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending