The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan entitlement

I have a place to study l.d nursing this September in Northern Ireland. I am an English student and have had student loans previously. I called up sfe and was told as I am applying through sfe I am entitled to a reduced maintenance loan.
I am aware that I am entitled to a bursary as well as my fees being paid for. However, after applying sfe told me my application cannot go any further as my course is not listed on the hei database.
I have then contacted the university who has now stated that they will not give me a code etc for the hei as I will receive a bursary so do not get anything else.
Yet I have been told by many people via forums and sfe that english students do receive the reduced loan, it is ni students who do not?
Can you clarify any of this and why I am being told I get nothing else when other English students have declared they have done?
As £400 p/m is not a great amount to live on!
Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Deviant182,

As an NHS student you are entitled to a reduced rate loan from student finance England.
As your course is not listed on the database we would require your university to update their database and send confirmation of your course details to student finance England.
If the university are unsure as to how to do this they can contact the HEI helpline.
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending