The Student Room Group

What kind of girls have you been matched with on Tinder?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by linkthesink
I've been using the "dating" app Tinder for a few days now.

I've not long been out of a long-term relationship and decided to give it a go to see if there were any attractive girls with good personalities within a reasonable radius but so far I'm running out of luck.

My ideal girl would be intelligent (hopefully studying for a degree), has interests, likes to travel, open-minded, has aspirations for a good career (independence is so attractive imo :sogood:) and as for appearance, I'd hope for her to be tall, due to being a tall guy myself and generally attractive, not that it's a priority to me at all. The kind of person she is is much more important.

Obviously I sound like a picky jerk, I'm not at all (I would consider the above female to be way out of my league anyway) but we all have our types

From the girls I've been swiping through on Tinder, I'm struggling to find any girls who are remotely near the above description. Is this because all the said girls are already taken, or too in high demand they don't require to use apps such as Tinder?
What kind of girls have you found on there and is it just a case of persevering?

For people saying that its just a hookup thing it actually isn't true, yes there are a lot of people on there that just want to have sex but there are also a few who just want to meet new people and get new friends :biggrin: I have definitely come across more of the 'just sex people' but being a girl that's probably a bigger issue to come across than being a boy. I've met quite a few good friends on there and a few relationships too, and of course it's always hilarious finding someone you actually know on there :wink:
Original post by linkthesink
Very true, it's only been a few days so best just keep swiping! After all, there's someone out there for everyone!

Definitely,a few days is not long at all.
I'd say that most girls that a guy matches with on Tinder aren't really up for casual NSA sex. Perhaps that's just the matches that I've come to make but mine have pretty much all been uni students as well. Trickiest thing seems to be arranging a meet up without coming across as too eager or whatever, plus there are some girls where the convo seems to be flowing fine then suddenly stops for no reason.

Anyway I'd say that you can use Tinder whatever way you choose and that it's best to meet the person first to get a better judge of their character before proposing that you hook up or whatever. The tricky part is getting them to agree to meet.
I'm on Tinder and am in no way shape or form after a quick hook up at all. I originally downloaded the app due to severe procrastination during uni exam season (you know the one), but started to get chatting to some nice guys who also happened to be at my uni and I met up with a couple of them. They were both really nice. One 'date' was a bit awkward, guess he wasn't my type and vice versa, the other 'date' wasn't awkward at all and I had a really nice time.

Obviously I haven't seen what Tinder is like from a guys perspective, ie, I don't know what the girls on there are like, but I'm sure there will be someone on there who is just what you're looking for! :smile: Hope you find her!
Reply 24
Like most people have said, tinder is not just for hook-ups, i gained a f buddy as i only finished a long term relationship so was abit of fun. Though i have met someone i really like and that hasn't been for one thing.

Everyone has different opinions of it and my mates hates it as she only get guys that want one thing whereas i have a few dates lined up.
Currently have a girls number from there, just going through the usual procrastinating in regards to what approach to initially take, to make sure things continue to progress.

All in all it is the same as talent spotting on a night out, with the added bonus of seeing the person in daylight, while not being intoxicated. I have used it for hook ups and relationships. Obviously not at the same time, that is just pathetic.

It is a useful app, so I am sure you will come across a suitable match.
Tinder is an app for generating one night stands. Most of your desired attributes relate to personality. The problem should be clear.
mostly fat ****ing messes, if i'm honest.

unmatch.

although it serves me right for adopting the swipe right EVERYONE/EVERY'THING' policy.
Original post by martin jol
mostly fat ****ing messes, if i'm honest.

unmatch.

although it serves me right for adopting the swipe right EVERYONE/EVERY'THING' policy.

I used to do that, used to think that everyone deserved a chance, but then nearly everyone was after sex (not everyone) and I was tired of just unmatching them afterwards. my own fault for thinking optimistically haha
Reply 29
I looked in to Tinder after things with my GF went pretty sour, got talking to a lot of lovely women who I had a lot in common with but decided to give things another go with the GF so deleted the app (Hopefully none of the women felt too bad that I just disappeared). I would definitely get back on it if I was single and looking for someone to meet up with and see how stuff progresses from there.

My friend on the other hand banged tons of chicks on there, and then he caught something so just think twice hahaha
The app can be used for anything dating wise - it's up to the person using it what they want from it.

My only real success has come when I got talking to a 45 year old a few weeks ago. Got her number and we've talking ever since. I may meet up with her after September.

I wasn't having much luck with the UK so I swapped the UK for the USA. I've had more success in the States than over here in terms of matches. Got a few numbers from women in California, which I may pursue next year when I go on vacation to America :biggrin:
I consider myself a somewhat decent catch - probably a 6/10 in the looks department, good stable job, down to earth, a lot of different interests. I got the app about 2 months ago, must have swiped right about 300 times and gotten 25-30 matches. Of those matches only about 9 responded to my initial message which was just a normal genuine introductory message. Most of them either lived too far away or responded with one word answers which I really can't stand - I mean I suppose that's better than not replying at all but at least give me a chance, throw me a bone for Christs sake.

There's one girl who has been different from any other though - we've been talking for about 3 weeks now and I have her number but I get the feeling she's quite shy so I don't want to rush things as I'm actually a bit different from the majority if people on there and one night stands and all that don't interest me. I'm looking for a genuine relationship.

I'd say it's far easier for girls on there - they can be a lot more selective but that's just life.

As with all 'dating' sites you have to always have some detachment - at any moment a girl could stop replying or delete the app, it's nothing personal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending