The Student Room Group

Do you celebrate your birthday?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Secretnerd123
Oh I see :smile: thanks for telling me. You learn something new everyday!

No worries. :biggrin:

I hate the religion now so am always happy to inform!
Original post by keromedic
No worries. :biggrin:

I hate the religion now so am always happy to inform!

Ah right. Are you an atheist now if you don't mind me asking?
Ah right. Are you an atheist now if you don't mind me asking?

I am indeed an atheist! But there are other religions which I feel are preferable.

You?
I am indeed an atheist! But there are other religions which I feel are preferable.

You?

Muslim :biggrin:
Culture doesn't recommend birthdays , nothing special really.
Muslim :biggrin:

Oh okay.

Can I ask you something quickly?
Reply 26
Nope. My parents don't know my birthday.
Stopped when i was 13.
Oh okay.

Can I ask you something quickly?

Sure :smile:
Reply 28
My birthday's a few days before Christmas so it's often overlooked, but for my 18th, my friends decided to take me out and we had a hilarious evening :smile: But usually, I don't really mind not celebrating it because I hate being the centre of attention.
Sure :smile:

I live in an area that has a high % of Asian muslims.

Occasionally, when I'm interacting with one of these men, they'll say "...brother". Is it as they assume I'm a muslim? Is that a muslim thing?

Or is that an asian thing?

I've just not heard it anywhere else!
Reply 30
Original post by Dinaa
Nope. My parents don't know my birthday.
Stopped when i was 13.

:redface: How can they not know?
Meh, a bit. Usually have a meal or something and get a few gifts but nothing major. Looking forward to my 21st though, more so as I'm going away with some friends for it :h: but yeah birthdays don't really hold much significance for me.
Being a parentless child, every year I buy cake & gifts for myself :smile:
Reply 33
Original post by Dilsz
:redface: How can they not know?

They don't.. idk why :frown:

My dad doesn't even know how old i am.. The other day he was like to my sister;'when dina turns 13 .......' :cry2:
Or what year i'm in..
Reply 34
Original post by Dinaa
They don't.. idk why :frown:

My dad doesn't even know how old i am.. The other day he was like to my sister;'when dina turns 13 .......' :cry2:
Or what year i'm in..

Ouch that must've hurt :\ :console:
I live in an area that has a high % of Asian muslims.

Occasionally, when I'm interacting with one of these men, they'll say "...brother". Is it as they assume I'm a muslim? Is that a muslim thing?

Or is that an asian thing?

I've just not heard it anywhere else!

Hahah thats weird as only muslims say it to eachother. But then again, I know muslims (like my mum) who call non-muslims like the owners of shops in my area 'brother and sisters' but thats because she knows them well as we've been living in the area for like forever so it just depends on the person I guess. They may even think you're muslim though :tongue: you should ask them! :biggrin:
Not really, I grew up not celebrating birthdays so I don't find them that exciting. I do sometimes get gifts from friends though
I had a BBQ this year :biggrin: the big 18 + end of A-levels = a very drunk me :lol:

So to answer your question, yeah I do :biggrin:
Reply 38
Original post by Dilsz
Ouch that must've hurt :\ :console:

Its cool, idc anymore :smile:
I just go out for a meal with family and friends, and it's always a joint thing with my best friend, as we have the same birthday.

Quick Reply

Latest