The Student Room Group

Inviting friends from different groups to birthday

I’m planning my birthday dinner and thinking of who to invite. I’m quite introverted and tend to have small friend groups. Weird thing is I’m close to only like 2 people from each group setting I’ve ever been in, so I’m friends with 2 from uni, 2 from work, 2 from school, 2 from sports club. Most of my friends are introverted so I don’t know if this would be awkward for them to be around lots of random people they don’t know. But all of them are so special to me I just want them all to be there. Would this be awkward?
I think as it's your birthday and you'd like to spend this time with people who are special to you then there's no reason why you shouldn't put an invite out to them all, it might feel awkward at first but you also might find that they will get along well, plus they'll be there for a common cause which is to celebrate your birthday! :h: sometimes it's good to just take the leap!
Reply 2
2 friends apiece shouldn't be enough for them to remain in isolation

do some ice breaker at the beginning to connect them all - say where you know everyone from at least - and it should be fine after a short while

in any case you'll be there talking to all of them so that'll make it less awkward. definitely worth inviting them all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending