Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
okay that guy was seriously crazy!!
Reply 2
This means nothing to me, ah Vienna
Reply 3
That article was really badly written.
So many questions/issues....

- Rather curious as to what the girl looks like now....
- How mentally/physically screwed up she is...
- This man evidently had little to no social life, he had no partner and only a child as a company of kinds...people didn't know this however...according to the bbc report yesterday, neighbours didn't grow suspicious and only presumed he had a young female partner/'girlfriend girlfriend' = some neighbours recollected seeing a girl in his garden on the extremely rare occasion...
- He must have had no company, friends brought to his house, no socializing or meeting with other people, i.e reports say the girl had a radio in her room, she could quite easily have played it and alerted others to her presence in the cellar...
- how old is the girl now??
- all these years, and her having absolutely no communication with anyone other than the man holding her in the cellar...

crazy...utterly crazy story and events...
crazy story. And to think her parents couldn't see her after that ordeal. Wonder how messed up that poor girl is now...
Reply 6
Feel very sorry for the poor girl. However i read somewhere that she is mourning here master! :confused:
Reply 7
how awful
Weird and Wonderful
Feel very sorry for the poor girl. However i read somewhere that she is mourning here master! :confused:

I think she has Stockholm syndrome , not sure if I have spelt it correctly. It's a condition where the victim relates to their assaulter's. After a while they begin to sympathise with them and try and get into their minds to see why they would kidnap them etc.
Reply 9
What a sad story; almost like some sort of social experiment, or keeping the girl as pet.
This girl is going to have sever problems for probably the rest of her life!! I just hope she gets the best help possible!
Reply 11
Omg that must have been so horrible for her, not being able to see anyone especially any of her friends or family!
It sent me all shivery when I first heard about it. How horrible, I think I'd end up with Stockholm syndrome if I was kept there for that long from such a young age, she probably can't remember any different
Weird and Wonderful

Yep...you read correctly..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/5292102.stm?ls
Reply 14
white_haired_wizard

She's said to be physically fine (although very pale from being shut away in a windowless room for years). I would really doubt she's mentally fine though.

- He must have had no company, friends brought to his house, no socializing or meeting with other people, i.e reports say the girl had a radio in her room, she could quite easily have played it and alerted others to her presence in the cellar...

It was soundproofed, and how would they know that it wasn't the guy playing the radio? :confused:

white_haired_wizard

One paper said that he kept her as a sex slave, so i'd assume she'll have mental problems.
Reply 16
white_haired_wizard

neighbours didn't grow suspicious and only presumed he had a young female partner/'girlfriend girlfriend' = some neighbours recollected seeing a girl in his garden on the extremely rare occasion...

how could the neighbours not have even grown slightly suspicious. like maybe not to the extent of suspecting shes his sex slave but they must have thought they were slightly wierd especially since the few times she was outside he would have been like very possessive over her and not let her leave his side and stuff.

i know since im not a neighbour i cant say this would be definately be true but if i was a neighbour id probably assume he was just a very possessive husband and maybe it was in their culture/religion to be this way but id feel sorry for her and knock on their door to have a chat with her. or maybe im just a nosey neighbour :p:
Reply 17
white_haired_wizard

According to BBC news, there haven't been any pictures since she escaped.

guccilittlepiggy
One paper said that he kept her as a sex slave, so i'd assume she'll have mental problems.

As far as I'm aware, nobody ever confirmed that and it was just a tabloid spreading rumours.
white_haired_wizard

- This man evidently had little to no social life, he had no partner and only a child as a company of kinds...people didn't know this however...according to the bbc report yesterday, neighbours didn't grow suspicious and only presumed he had a young female partner/'girlfriend girlfriend' = some neighbours recollected seeing a girl in his garden on the extremely rare occasion...
- all these years, and her having absolutely no communication with anyone other than the man holding her in the cellar...

crazy...utterly crazy story and events...

ok, I'll try answering a couple of these questions:

- There has been no picture of her sofar (only digitally altered ones), there is a photo where you can see her legs. Obviously very pale.
- She is not that mentally screwed up as one would have thought of. She did devellop quite well, meaning she kept up to date with current affairs, read books, had conversations.
-She almost never left the house. Only in the last year had he started on rare occasions to let her out in the garden. When asked he told his neighbours that he "borrowed" her from a friend as a juguslawien cleaning lady.
-Her room (better prison) was isolated and very well hidden underneatn the garage, furthermore it was soundproof. The police even said they would never have found the hidden room without the description from the girl.
-She is 18 now. Was Kidnapped in 1998.

As far as I'm aware, nobody ever confirmed that and it was just a tabloid spreading rumours.

That is true. It was a police officer who said that without any background knowledge.

The girl wrote a letter to the public that was printed in all Austrian newspapers yesterday explaining everything, I'll try to find an english translation.
nikki

Hence the 'one paper said'.....

Latest

Trending

Trending