The Student Room Group

Transaction writing. Please mark!

My exam is on monday and im not the greatest at english. I would love any marking or feedback. My exam board is eduqas

Write a review for a teenage magazine of a book, film or TV programme/series you have enjoyed in the last year and why it might appeal to others of your age.

Wonderful Wonder Rating: 5 Stars
The recent release and hype surrounding the new bestseller ‘Wonder’ has taken the world by storm. For younger teenagers like me, aged 13 and over, the book provides a vast range of emotions from fantastic joy to somewhat dressing sadness. This book conveys many issues in today's modern society but is presented in a charming way which enabled me to rate it very highly. The book explores the ups and downs of a younger secondary schooler named ‘Auggie.’ Now this boy isn't just any student but a remarkable and rare condition where his face is deformed. Although throughout the book there are some disgusting and brutal acts of bullying, I felt it conveyed an important message to children, teenagers and adults everywhere.

The book follows Auggie and his friends whose relationship blossoms over a school trip.. Throughout there are crosscuts to different characters and their view on the situation.This gave a heartwarming touch to be able to see how different people felt and dealt with Auggie’s disability. The exceptional description brings the story to life and enables the reader to feel engrossed and part of the book.

One of the very minor criticisms is that the book recently got turned into a film, although seeing the imagery was fantastic and delightful, the plot lost focus on Auggie and key events were changed which made it confusing for the audience to follow along. Despite this, the cinematography was on point and made the book come alive in front of me as if I was there in school with Auggie going through his struggles beside him.

The book and film left me crying happy tears as Auggie, although different from his fellow students, reached his full potential and rose above the rest of his class in confidence and resilience whilst winning a prize for it as well. This story teaches an important message about equality and judgement. It explores the brutality of difficulties Auggie was faced with. Although uncomfortable at times, I would recommend that young teenagers read the book or watch the film because it highlights the necessity of accepting everyone for who they truly are. Overall, this extraordinary book provides happiness, laughter and tears in the space of 300 pages.
Reply 1
hi i do eduqas too,
you should aim to talk about at least three different points, develop your points and paragraphs, try not to spoil anything about the book but rather talk about its effect in you, perhaps describe the acting etc too, more description needed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending