The Student Room Group

Why don't girls like Waring the same dress twice

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Huskaris
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Welsh_insomniac again.

For using The Day Today

:biggrin: Much obliged, Huskaris!
I couldn't stand paying a load of money for a dress or something, only to wear it once and then never wear it again. I bought a dress a couple of weeks ago, and I adore it! I don't really care for fashion, I'm more concerned about what looks good on me.
I've got no problem wearing the same dress or outfit twice. If you get bored of that particular outfit and don't want people to see its something you have worn before, there's ways to jazz it up like wear jewellery, a jacket or cardi.
Though tbh, the only person to probably notice if you have worn it before is yourself.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
All of my clothes get more than once I have a tendency to wear my clothes into the ground and try to patch up or repair bits myself before I will scrap it.

Most people just can't afford the luxury of a different outfit with different NEW pieces ever day.
Reply 24
How the hell do people afford to wear an outfit only once?
I dont do a one-use thing - it's so wasteful! I don't wear the same item of clothing for 2 weeks, and not the same outfit for 2 months
Do girls who pay £500+ for dresses wear them once or use the dresses again?
Why don't girls just buy, wear it once, reattach the labels and then return it? :L
Original post by wannabeaca
Why don't girls just buy, wear it once, reattach the labels and then return it? :L

That's what my mum does if she needs a dress for a special occasion like a wedding and knows she won't wear it again :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yasmin25
I've got no problem wearing the same dress or outfit twice. If you get bored of that particular outfit and don't want people to see its something you have worn before, there's ways to jazz it up like wear jewellery, a jacket or cardi.
Though tbh, the only person to probably notice if you have worn it before is yourself.
Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree so much with you, I am exactly the same. I like shopping but there is no way I would buy things to wear just once, what a waste of money X.X I change the accessories, dress it up or dress it down and have fun with it. Otherwise I wouldn't buy it in first place :3
It's a girl thing and it's stupid.
Original post by Yasmin25
That's what my mum does if she needs a dress for a special occasion like a wedding and knows she won't wear it again :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

WTF?! That's a crime, you know.
Ok, the OP asked why women don't like to wear the same dress more than once and majority of these replies are people saying that they don't wear their dresses more than once or being quite rude about people who do only wear a dress once.

I am someone who will not wear a special occasion dress more than once. By special occasion I mean a dress that I have worn to a wedding, christening, xmas party, hen night- any event that has a large amount of photography because I buy expensive dresses to make a statement. I recently paid £200 for a ted baker dress and wore it to my cousins wedding. The dress looked perfect but I will not wear that dress again, this year at least. If I were to wear that dress the following month to the horse racing with the same people then it wouldn't be the statement it was originally. I have no issue with wearing the dress the following year but its still unlikely to happen.

There are 2 reasons why its unlikely to happen

a) im a shopaholic and probably buy a new dress at least once a month (and im talking £50+).
b) I have a constant intake of new dresses that ill just wear a new one rather than an old one from last year.

Im aware that only wearing a dress once is ridiculously and provided a) you were not photographed in the dress and b) you are out with different people, then I say yes, wear the dress again.

I have some dresses (either white or black evening dresses) that I will wear regularly on a Saturday night because you can dress black or white up in so many ways. a little harder to do with a pink floral dress.

For me, buying a new dress and dressing it up for a wedding to showcase how good it is, is all part of the fun of going to a wedding.

I don't think its fair to judge people based on how often they wear a dress. I am someone who pays a lot of money for clothes. Im currently wearing a ralph Lauren jumper and ted baker jeans but I do this because I like how expensive clothes feel. I don't like the fit or feel of primark but I do not judge people who wear it. Im aware that there is no need to not re-wear a dress but it really does depend on the occasion and company you share when you are wearing it. I do feel that if the dress receives a high amount of compliments then people have noticed it and i wont wear it again but if it was a flock and no one really commented then i will probably wear it again. Crazy logic but that is the reality of my wardrobe. People who don't wear dresses more than once probably do this for the same reason as me and that is because its already made its statement.

P.S. It tends to only be statement dresses that don't get worn again. Most people wouldn't recognise a simple dress being accessorised in a different way and people still assume its a different dress.

Quick Reply

Latest