The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
mtbab
hey i'm applying to Sussex 07 for Law with American Studies (yr out in america), i'm slightly scared as theres only 12 places on that course but i love that course soo much! and yeh they've kinda raised the entry reqs for my ocurse too, 06 it was ABB now its AAB-ABB lol doesnt bther me as i'm pred AAB but it that wondering of whether if they make me an offer will it be AAB or ABB lol

Hey im looking at doing American Studies with Film. Im really hoping to get in too, sounds like such a great course and Sussex University sounds great so *fingers crossed*
Im going to do the 4 year degree so I can study in America, sounds like such an amazing opportunity! I have to get ABB or BBB or ABC so the last two could be a possibilty!
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Who's applied and what for??

I've applied for Biochemistry and Chemical Biology.

Hopefully should get offers, predicted grades are ABB and requirements are BBB so hopefully :smile:
Hey, I'm applying for Sussex Human Sciences (4 years) :biggrin: Fell in love with the Uni on the Summer Open Day and the course is by FAR the best for HS... *fingers crossed*
Reply 83
loradora68
Hey, I'm applying for Sussex Human Sciences (4 years) :biggrin: Fell in love with the Uni on the Summer Open Day and the course is by FAR the best for HS... *fingers crossed*

hey ure from walsall and applying to Sussex, i'm from Great Barr and applyin to Sussex too!! woopwoop!
I just sent my UCAS form off to the refere.

I really hope Sussex give me an offer to do sociology. If they do I'll need BBB, and my AS results were Sociology A, English Literature B, Psychology C. I'm worried about the psychology one, and think that may put them off giving me a chance. What do you all think are my chances?
Calum_Magatchu

I really hope Sussex give me an offer to do sociology. If they do I'll need BBB, and my AS results were Sociology A, English Literature B, Psychology C. I'm worried about the psychology one, and think that may put them off giving me a chance. What do you all think are my chances?

pretty good probably... you got an A in the subject you want to study, and just because you have a C in something doesn't necessarily mean they won't make you an offer. anyway, abc is really equivalent to bbb, so i reckon you won't have a problem getting an offer, IMO anyway. good luck.
Reply 86
Calum_Magatchu

i think as u got an A in Socio that will work to your advantage. Is Psycho related to Socio at all?
Well I guess it can be related to sociology in the way it looks at individuals and their behavior. I was 6 marks off a B in psychology, I hope my teacher mention that and the fact I'm retaking an exam I got a D when she does my reference.

Thanks for your opinions. All I've gotta do now is wait, haha!

Good luck to anyone else applying!
yeah Sussex is one of my choices for English. I'm predicted AAAs but i doubt i'll do that well. I really hope i get an offer
Reply 89
Enjoytheride
yeah Sussex is one of my choices for English. I'm predicted AAAs but i doubt i'll do that well. I really hope i get an offer

snap on three unis. different courses tho lol!
mtbab
hey ure from walsall and applying to Sussex, i'm from Great Barr and applyin to Sussex too!! woopwoop!

:biggrin: Wooo! Lets overrun the place with Brummies!:p: xxx
Reply 91
Got my offer from Sussex today :biggrin::biggrin: ABB to do International Relations and Development Studies :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

And I only applied last Friday.... :eek:
Reply 92
congrats!

It's so weird that you guys are already getting offers, and we have just started :p:
EvilSheep
Got my offer from Sussex today :biggrin::biggrin: ABB to do International Relations and Development Studies :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

omg that's awesome, I applied last Friday (the 13th, lol) too, though it was for Maths (the MMath one), I'm getting really paranoid about getting offers now (I've been waiting for the post for the last two day's, and don't even get me started on track)
Reply 94
EvilSheep

as if! eurgh that digusts me becuase i applied before you lol. Albeit for a totally different degree. Well done tho lol!!
urgh sussex are off, come on chemistry & biology depts. get ur arses in gear!!
Reply 96
EvilSheep

arghhh I am so jealous!! Hurry up Sussex :rolleyes:

Well done though :smile:
mtbab
snap on three unis. different courses tho lol!

cool, which other unis and what course?
Reply 98
Enjoytheride
cool, which other unis and what course?

see my sig.
I'm applying to Sussex for English Lang & Linguistics - its not my first choice but I'd definitely be happy to go there if I got an offer :smile: Not too sure I'm going to get one though!

Latest

Trending

Trending