The Student Room Group

Is it too late now?

Whilst studying for my degree I started talking to a girl who was doing the same degree on Facebook one day - we'd spoken on occasion at Uni but never for too long. After a few messages I decided to be bold and asked her if she would like to go for a drink with me one day when we weren't both busy with work and she said that would be nice so I said I'd let her know.

But then things got really busy on the course and for some reason I just never got round to arranging it. It's been about 3 months since then and I've seen her at Uni but we didn't really talk, though I don't think she's the type that would be pissed off about it, she's very shy.

Anyway we finished last month and I doubt I'd ever see her again unless I now message her again and say I'm sorry for never getting round to arranging it and ask her if she's still interested in going for a drink sometime. I just think it would be weird for me to now message her out of the blue. In a nutshell I really ****ed up and wish I had followed it up but I didn't and I can't change that.

What do you think?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Whilst studying for my degree I started talking to a girl who was doing the same degree on Facebook one day - we'd spoken on occasion at Uni but never for too long. After a few messages I decided to be bold and asked her if she would like to go for a drink with me one day when we weren't both busy with work and she said that would be nice so I said I'd let her know.

But then things got really busy on the course and for some reason I just never got round to arranging it. It's been about 3 months since then and I've seen her at Uni but we didn't really talk, though I don't think she's the type that would be pissed off about it, she's very shy.

Anyway we finished last month and I doubt I'd ever see her again unless I now message her again and say I'm sorry for never getting round to arranging it and ask her if she's still interested in going for a drink sometime. I just think it would be weird for me to now message her out of the blue. In a nutshell I really ****ed up and wish I had followed it up but I didn't and I can't change that.

What do you think?

Doesn't seem to be any harm from giving it a go!
Reply 2

What do you think?

you've got nothing to lsoe and everything to gain. just msg her apologising that you had no time and if she's ever free and wants to have a drink to msg you. this way she's the one who'll send the msg so you can't stand her up twice :biggrin:

What do you think?

Better late than never :biggrin:

If you don't ask now, you may regret that you never asked at all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending