The Student Room Group

Changing sixth forms in yr12

So I was excepted into Harris academy Greenwich sixth form but I decided not to go because it was too far from my house. I now go to a sixth form that I very close to my house (like 10mins by bus), but I HATE it there. I hate the environment, the teaching, EVERYTHING!!!

In the first week of school I tried to change but other sixth forms were full

I don’t know if it’s completely too late for me now to change sixth forms but I’ve heard people change sixth forms all the way up to even yr13

Is it too late for me?
Are there any sixth forms in south london that except transfers this late in the year???
Reply 1
You should change to go to the sixth form you want to go to if they will allow you, but it may not be worth the hassle as it takes time to adapt to the new environment.
Reply 2
Same I want to transfer colleges too and do the same course and start in January but I can’t seem to find any in London at all , I don’t want to resit a year either so I don’t know what to do
Reply 3
Original post by Kam_lucy
So I was excepted into Harris academy Greenwich sixth form but I decided not to go because it was too far from my house. I now go to a sixth form that I very close to my house (like 10mins by bus), but I HATE it there. I hate the environment, the teaching, EVERYTHING!!!

In the first week of school I tried to change but other sixth forms were full

I don’t know if it’s completely too late for me now to change sixth forms but I’ve heard people change sixth forms all the way up to even yr13

Is it too late for me?
Are there any sixth forms in south london that except transfers this late in the year???

im literally in your situation this year… what did you end up doing?
Reply 4
Original post by rebro
Same I want to transfer colleges too and do the same course and start in January but I can’t seem to find any in London at all , I don’t want to resit a year either so I don’t know what to do

Literally in the same position right now and I’ve contacted 2 places in London
Reply 5
Original post by emotblr
Literally in the same position right now and I’ve contacted 2 places in London

Same I hate my sixth form lmao. not really anything I can do anymore
anyone had experience changing sixth form in Year 13? pls advice which sixth form or boarding school allows.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending