The Student Room Group

Uncondional Offer With A Condition?

Hello everyone. Could anyone please help me understand my university offer?

I first received a conditional offer from the university. The condition was to provide them with a suitable reference - I applied without any reference :redface:

I then went back to my college - which I left 2 years ago - and asked them for a reference and they did send it to the University.

After that I put the university as my firm choice and the university then changed the offer to unconditional but when I looked at the UCAS letter it still says -

This offer is subject to you obtaining Final confirmation on the course is subject to our receiving a satisfactory academic reference from your current or most recent institution of study. The reference should be sent to Course Enquiries and Applications as soon as possible.

So, does this mean they haven't got/read the reference yet? Or they haven't found the reference satisfactory? There's a deadline 31st August for the remaining conditions to be met - if I don't meet this condition then will I be rejected by the university even with this unconditional offer? Please help :confused:
Reply 1
I haven't received any letters/emails from the university since the Unconditional offer which was on the 25th. So, I'm really worried.
Reply 2
Original post by dsamg
Hello everyone. Could anyone please help me understand my university offer?

I first received a conditional offer from the university. The condition was to provide them with a suitable reference - I applied without any reference :redface:

I then went back to my college - which I left 2 years ago - and asked them for a reference and they did send it to the University.

After that I put the university as my firm choice and the university then changed the offer to unconditional but when I looked at the UCAS letter it still says -

So, does this mean they haven't got/read the reference yet? Or they haven't found the reference satisfactory? There's a deadline 31st August for the remaining conditions to be met - if I don't meet this condition then will I be rejected by the university even with this unconditional offer? Please help :confused:

Ring the university up and check what exactly is going on. See if they have received and read your reference. Don't email them. It can take ages for them to read your email.
Reply 3
Original post by 06shawm
Ring the university up and check what exactly is going on. See if they have received and read your reference. Don't email them. It can take ages for them to read your email.

Thanks for the advice :smile:

But I am curious if anyone has had this same situation or has been rejected even after an unconditional offer?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending