The Student Room Group

Is it possible for a university to accept you before results day

I just got accepted into my firm choice for university on a conditional offer but I am yet to get my results, is it possible for universities to do that or was it a mistake by them
Original post by Osamabinliner1
I just got accepted into my firm choice for university on a conditional offer but I am yet to get my results, is it possible for universities to do that or was it a mistake by them

They generally give you a conditional offer before your results. The offer was probably given based on your predicted grades! However, since it is conditional, you would have to attain whatever the entry requirement of your course is based on your results to confirm your offer.
Original post by Osamabinliner1

When you say "accepted", do you mean that the status of you application has a big green tick and the words "Your place has been confirmed" (or similar)? I'm going to assume that's what you mean.

Also, you say it was a conditional offer. Were the offer conditions based upon the results which you've yet to receive?

If the answers to both of the above question is "Yes", then this sounds like a mistake.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending