Reply 581
Original post by DomStaff
I would probably say go:
A*AA
A*AA
A*AA
AAA
ABB

Missing out the AAB, because you want to apply for as many top unis as possible!

Thanks!

What if my firm and insurance have the same requirements? What if the firm has lower grades than the insurance? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by deeferdog
I think they went alright, didn't write as much for the 12 markers as I would have liked too though, people at my school were asking for extra paper :L yourself?:smile:

I felt they went alright as well, but think i've written too much on the 12 markers ahaha :smile:
Is it really that necessary to have a safe option? I'm thinking of applying to all A*AA...
Original post by ubisoft
Is it really that necessary to have a safe option? I'm thinking of applying to all A*AA...

It isn't necessary but it helps if you want an insurance.
Reply 585
Original post by ubisoft

If you think you can guarantee achieving it then there's no point applying to anything less :smile:

I don't think I can guarantee getting anything AAA or greater. I feel like I'd rather go to a university I like the course at that is lower requirements if I don't get the grades because it guarantees a place at uni. Not sure though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Thanks!

What if my firm and insurance have the same requirements? What if the firm has lower grades than the insurance? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then Don't make them your firm and insurance

Don't have an insurance choice
Reply 587
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Then Don't make them your firm and insurance

Don't have an insurance choice

Hmm :/ I would quite like an insurance choice, but if the criteria I described above were true, would it basically rule having an insurance as pointless?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well it can't be your insurance, can it? Because if you fail your firm you will obviously not get into your insurance, if you get me?

I would base it all on confidence if you're positive you'll get A*AA or better, then make that yoru firm and insurance. If not, I would say just make your two favourites firm + insurance, regardless. After all, you want to be happy there.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 589
Well it can't be your insurance, can it? Because if you fail your firm you will obviously not get into your insurance, if you get me?

I would base it all on confidence. I would say just make your two favourites firm + insurance, regardless. After all, you want to be happy there.

Right, stupid question I'm sorry!
Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Hmm :/ I would quite like an insurance choice, but if the criteria I described above were true, would it basically rule having an insurance as pointless?

Posted from TSR Mobile

no point if offer is higher than firm :lol:
Reply 591
With regards to personal statements, is it feasible to email a university an attachment of the statement to get some feedback?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Right, stupid question I'm sorry!
Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem. Sorry, I kind of contradicted myself in that.

If you're confident then you should 100% go for A*AA for both your choices. I am.
Reply 593

Yeah, stupid question! I didn't think through what I was saying. You can see why I'm now nervous for next week!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 594
No problem. Sorry, I kind of contradicted myself in that.

If you're confident then you should 100% go for A*AA for both your choices. I am.

Hmm. I'm unsure in myself! I think I could get AAA but maybe choosing both as A*AA is a bit beyond me :/ I get your meaning though, thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
With regards to personal statements, is it feasible to email a university an attachment of the statement to get some feedback?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I wouldn't do that!
Original post by CD223
Yeah, stupid question! I didn't think through what I was saying. You can see why I'm now nervous for next week!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha dw
Original post by CD223
Hmm. I'm unsure in myself! I think I could get AAA but maybe choosing both as A*AA is a bit beyond me :/ I get your meaning though, thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you want to apply for Oxford then I'm sure you are capable of A*. When you get your results, if you are over 90% you should have a decent chance of getting an A* next year.
Reply 597

I would base it all on confidence if you're positive you'll get A*AA or better, then make that yoru firm and insurance. If not, I would say just make your two favourites firm + insurance, regardless. After all, you want to be happy there.

Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats bull ****, if you like a univeristy and its got a lower entry grade firm it. put the higher one as your insurance it doesnt matter.

Also its best to always have an insurance as for example 2 universities, one requesting AAA and the other A*AA

Firming the AAA one and being rejected

The A*AA one as your insurance could accept you with AAB if say the number of people who hit the offer is at a all time low. Or they need to fill places in the course etc

[video="youtube;qvvF7-5SIJ8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvvF7-5SIJ8[/video]
(edited 9 years ago)
smack that- akon ft my parents

Spoiler

Reply 599
If you want to apply for Oxford then I'm sure you are capable of A*. When you get your results, if you are over 90% you should have a decent chance of getting an A* next year.

Good point. I'm always negative towards my grades. It's hard having that trait because I'll probably pick "realistic" unis as ones based on my negative predictions of myself!

I'm hoping for an A* in maths. Computing should hopefully be an A and History too. Physics who knows, aha!

What stage are you at with unis/applications?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest