Gen studies - A/B

Universities:
UCL - History
Leicester - History
York - History
Exeter (streatham campus) - History
And incase I fail at life;
Edge Hill - History

Who else done edexcel history British political history or Russia??

Edexcel Russia D3 and D4 and E2 for Britain

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Well G482 was hard, but I still want full UMS from it...

Unfortunately wanting and achieving are very different things in the world of exams not saying you won't achieve it but that is how the world works. :frown::frown::frown:
Original post by kingdoo
Unfortunately wanting and achieving are very different things in the world of exams not saying you won't achieve it but that is how the world works. :frown::frown::frown:

:lol: okay
Am I the only one who has failed misreably...

Seemed to do every exam that there was a petition about... almost certainly failed Maths, Chemistry and Biology were't great and Geography was okayish.

Think I picked the wrong a-levels, oh well time will tell :smile:

Maths & Chemistry - Edexcel
Biology & Geography - AQA

A bit off topic, but why are there different exam boards?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by reindeer333
Am I the only one who has failed misreably...

Seemed to do every exam that there was a petition about... almost certainly failed Maths, Chemistry and Biology were't great and Geography was okayish.

Think I picked the wrong a-levels, oh well time will tell :smile:

Maths & Chemistry - Edexcel
Biology & Geography - AQA

A bit off topic, but why are there different exam boards?

I do maths with edexcel as well! I found C1 alright, C2 harder but I hope I did better on it than C1 and then M1, which I though was very difficult. What optional module did you choose?

I think there are difference exam boards so that centres have a greater variety of choice on which course will suit their teaching style and resources the best, because for example in science the "coursework" part of such can differ considerably between exam boards i.e. AQA-ISA/EMPA, OCR-Practical Skills etc. I think that is why.
Original post by randlemcmurphy
I do maths with edexcel as well! I found C1 alright, C2 harder but I hope I did better on it than C1 and then M1, which I though was very difficult. What optional module did you choose?

I think there are difference exam boards so that centres have a greater variety of choice on which course will suit their teaching style and resources the best, because for example in science the "coursework" part of such can differ considerably between exam boards i.e. AQA-ISA/EMPA, OCR-Practical Skills etc. I think that is why.

Ah thanks makes more sense now :smile:

Somehow I screwed up C1 majorly (my mind went blank), C2 was bad, but I think I got a lot more of the method marks, S1 Seemed ok.
Original post by kingdoo
Haha thanks yeah I was from the AQA geography thread. Unit 1 is the exam that I doubt I will be getting an A out of all my exams. Despite revising a lot I did feel that the 15 markers were quite hard. I did however receive a B in it last year and I do feel it went better then last year so who knows. :smile: Although a lot of people said it was a disaster which I never really felt at all.

But thanks I am sure you will be fine as well:biggrin:

As for the populations question I cannot remember exactly it was about population change in rural/urban areas (I think it may have included migration). I remember my teacher telling me I had done it right, but I am not sure. I included the right case studies but I am not sure I answered the question.

Everyone hated unit 1 in my school too but loved unit 2. I ran out of time on both papers though which sucked so I couldn't go back and write anything on the questions I missed out. God I can't even remember a question like that! :frown: I hated the coasts section. Think I skipped loads and the questions I did do were guesses
Original post by reindeer333
Ah thanks makes more sense now :smile:

Somehow I screwed up C1 majorly (my mind went blank), C2 was bad, but I think I got a lot more of the method marks, S1 Seemed ok.

Well I hope you do better than you think, for all of your exams!

I thought M1 was reasonable, but there was just one question I thought was very very tricky (I think it was 6 or 7 can't remember)
Original post by rachelc142
I thought M1 was reasonable, but there was just one question I thought was very very tricky (I think it was 6 or 7 can't remember)

Was it the one were you had the part were you had to work out the magnitude of P-Q? If so I agree.
Original post by Katie97
Everyone hated unit 1 in my school too but loved unit 2. I ran out of time on both papers though which sucked so I couldn't go back and write anything on the questions I missed out. God I can't even remember a question like that! :frown: I hated the coasts section. Think I skipped loads and the questions I did do were guesses

Ah everyone in my school said it was really nice and I was like really you thought it was piss. I didn't think it was horrible though and didn't hate it but I did think the 15 markers were quite tricky bar the rivers soft engineering one which was nice.

Yeah I am not sure what the question actually was I just remember it being about the stuff at the end of the specification and you start doing rural/urban areas.

As for coasts and I heard food were really hard which is good for me as I didn't do them:cool: but sorry for everyone else because averagely it is the same grade boundaries for everyone which means you will have done better if you didn't do these 2 topics. Unless of cause you loved them.:tongue:

I am sure you have done better then you think.:colondollar:
Is anyone nervous about hand writing and the amount of extra sheets they used?
Original post by kingdoo

Yes!! My handwriting in my History Unit 2 exam was horrendous...I had cramp at the end and my words were literally scrawled across the page :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was it the one were you had the part were you had to work out the magnitude of P-Q? If so I agree.

Yesss that sounds familiar. It was a big angle too, like 120degrees or something.
Original post by xcartoonheart
Yes!! My handwriting in my History Unit 2 exam was horrendous...I had cramp at the end and my words were literally scrawled across the page :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right in my geography I bet you just couldn't read half of what I wrote
Original post by kingdoo

Yesss ! In my physics exams and M1 I scribbled out whole pages. My working is ridiculously untidy. Very scared indeed
Original post by salmaibra
What course do you want to do? And no I'm literally stuck between doing a law degree or a psychology degree not together that'd kill me lol

Ah about to say! that would be a good combination though. I want to do physiotherapy, and I'm taking Biology, PE and Econ as other A levels, wbu?
Reply 997
AS Subject - Prediction/Hope - Actual

(AQA) Spanish AS. The speaking went terribly, so I'm predicting myself a C.
(AQA) History AS. My first paper was OK, but I didn't like the second. I'll predict a B.
(Edexcel) Geography AS. I actually have no clue how geography went. I'll go with a B
(Edexcel) Politics AS. The first paper was good, but I ran out of time for the second one. I'll go with a B.

I'm hoping that I'll do better than this obviously, but I'm going to aim low, so I'm not disappointed.
Original post by NaturallyDumbKid
Ah about to say! that would be a good combination though. I want to do physiotherapy, and I'm taking Biology, PE and Econ as other A levels, wbu?

Am doing health and law as other alevelsm as well as retaking my gcse maths:frown::frown: hate maths with a passion
Don't mean to scare anyone but :biggrin:

Education Secretary: rising A-level grades 'not important' http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/11024734/Education-Secretary-rising-A-level-grades-not-important.html

Quick Reply

Latest