The Student Room Group

Israeli official calls for concentration camps

Scroll to see replies

Original post by n00
You mean Hamas forced all those tories to bugger children? :eek:

Don't worry I now agree with you. Israel was defending themselves against the terrorist organisation Hamas
Original post by DErasmus
Bill is a ****ing idiot. As if he's actually defending genocide. Idiots like him need to be kept as far away from power as possible they are too emotionally involved.

There is a difference between genocide and defending yourself. Ever heard of self defence
Original post by Observatory
I'm not sure. It had previously been argued that the nation was Arabia. HAMAS seems to view the nation as Islam. There are certainly other large Arab, Islamic, and Arab and Islamic states in the region. It's hard to see what's distinct about the Palestinians other than their shared history in the war with Israel - in which case why cannot the same argument be made for Sudeten Germans or the residents of East Prussia?

The main reason I favour having put Israel in Wyoming is that its proposed original borders are just idiotic:

A country split into two parts connected by a corridor narrow enough you can literally shoot from one part of Palestine and have the bullet land in the other? In not one but two separate places? That might work if we were dealing with competing tribes of pacifist teddy bear manufacturers, but in this situation, what the hell did anyone expect?

This whole 70 years' war has been about trying to replace those idiotic borders with something remotely stable.

Most Palestinians identify strongly as Palestinian.

Of course national identification is a tricky subject, and I'm no authority on the history of the Palestinian people, but I don't think we can dismiss their claims to peoplehood that easily. Saying they are just Arab or Muslim is akin to saying Germans were just European/Christian so the aforementioned deportation to Switzerland/Italy/Austria would be fine. Those latter countries are all at least partly Germanic too, if we're looking at subdivisions of European peoples. Further Germany as a country had only formed recently, and the national borders around that area were always quite messy - I presume you don't think that would have provided sufficient justification either for German deportation from Germany proper in 1945?

Somewhat, but then, what is Gaza if not a big concentration camp? What does it mean to open the gates of that camp? Into Israel - violence and death. Into Egypt - "deportation".

As far as I know, people lived life more or less normally in Gaza. There was autonomy; there was an elected government; there were schools, hospitals, markets, businesses, private property. It really isn't/wasn't anything akin to a concentration camp in the slightest.

Even though I disagreed with Israeli expansionism and illegal settlements, I didn't - and don't - think their treatment of the Gaza strip was inhumane. Suggesting making it a concentration camp, however, is (though I accept that this is a lone politician and not official government policy).
Original post by MASTER265
There is a difference between genocide and defending yourself. Ever heard of self defence

Concentration camps are not self-defence, nor is the killing of civilians.
Concentration camps are not self-defence, nor is the killing of civilians.

There is no evidence of concentration camps nor is there any evidence if intentional killing of civilians. There is only evidence to support Israel attacking military targets with unintentional civilian casualties.

I understand your confusion considering the thread and I accept your apology for making the mistake. When you are as young as yourself you miss pinpoint details and we all did it.
There is no evidence of concentration camps nor is there any evidence if intentional killing of civilians. There is only evidence to support Israel attacking military targets with unintentional civilian casualties.

I understand your confusion considering the thread and I accept your apology for making the mistake. When you are as young as yourself you miss pinpoint details and we all did it.

Haha your stupidity would be funny if people as insane as you didn't occupy public positions.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jul/21/hospital-hamas-isreal-hiding-among-civilians

This isn't just some loon in a basement calling for concentration camps. It's a public official and it's very childish of you to dismiss it because you're an emotionally driven wreck who has been an apologist for war crimes.
Reply 86
There is no evidence of concentration camps nor is there any evidence if intentional killing of civilians.

Careful guys, we've got a holocaust denier here.
Original post by n00

This is why force is necessary in the first place. Because of stupid people like him.
Haha your stupidity would be funny if people as insane as you didn't occupy public positions.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jul/21/hospital-hamas-isreal-hiding-among-civilians

This isn't just some loon in a basement calling for concentration camps. It's a public official and it's very childish of you to dismiss it because you're an emotionally driven wreck who has been an apologist for war crimes.

Calling for concentration camps is not the same as actually establishing them in the region. But do not worry I forgive you and I accept your apology, emotion as you seem to portray brings the worst out of you and so I understand your problem.
Calling for concentration camps is not the same as actually establishing them in the region. But do not worry I forgive you and I accept your apology, emotion as you seem to portray brings the worst out of you and so I understand your problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissus_%28Caravaggio%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust_denial

Sums you up perfectly.
Original post by n00

That was a careless comment. The Holocaust was very much real and everything about it was barbaric. This current conflict however involves no concentration camps as you guys reckon there is
Reply 91
The Holocaust was very much real and everything about it was barbaric.

Well i'm glad you've seen the error of your ways.

This current conflict however involves no concentration camps as you guys reckon there is

I'm afraid you've lost me there, what you talking about?
(edited 9 years ago)

I don't understand what you mean. There was a holocaust and it was very much real. Any one who denies it is sick in the head. I am denying Israel has set up concentration camps which has not happened.

Do you have an IQ issue because I don't remember saying the holocaust did not exist.
I don't understand what you mean. There was a holocaust and it was very much real. Any one who denies it is sick in the head. I am denying Israel has set up concentration camps which has not happened.

Do you have an IQ issue because I don't remember saying the holocaust did not exist.

http://www.genocidewatch.org/aboutgenocide/8stagesofgenocide.html

Of course it has not happened yet! That's the point though genius. Things esculate.
Original post by n00
Well i'm glad you've seen the error of your ways.

find one quote where I said there was no holocaust because I have no recollection of this
Reply 95
find one quote where I said there was no holocaust because I have no recollection of this

Ok.

There is no evidence of concentration camps nor is there any evidence if intentional killing of civilians.
http://www.genocidewatch.org/aboutgenocide/8stagesofgenocide.html

Of course it has not happened yet! That's the point though genius. Things esculate.

And your point? Israel has not participated in those actions of genocide. Hamas is a terrorist organisation who attacked Israel. They built tunnels and planned to destroy Israel. Israel merely defended themselves and have every right to level Hamas one way of another. The Palestinians voted for Hamas so they share the blame
Original post by n00
Ok.

LMFAO yeh no evidence in Israel or Palestine donut looooool. This is an Israel/Palestine thread not WW2. Sorry I forget I have to remind you of basic facts like that lmao, you have cracked me up
And your point? Israel has not participated in those actions of genocide. Hamas is a terrorist organisation who attacked Israel. They built tunnels and planned to destroy Israel. Israel merely defended themselves and have every right to level Hamas one way of another. The Palestinians voted for Hamas so they share the blame

"DENIAL is the eighth stage that always follows a genocide. It is among the surest indicators of further genocidal massacres. The perpetrators of genocide dig up the mass graves, burn the bodies, try to cover up the evidence and intimidate the witnesses. They deny that they committedany crimes, and often blame what happened on the victims."

A PUBLIC OFFICIAL IS CALLING FOR CONCENTRATION CAMPS.

I had to put that in big letters because you either can't read or aren't concerned by the fact someone in government is calling for genocide. I don't think you care though, you just care about thinking you're right.
Reply 99
LMFAO yeh no evidence in Israel or Palestine donut looooool. This is an Israel/Palestine thread not WW2. Sorry I forget I have to remind you of basic facts like that lmao, you have cracked me up

Oh, i'm sorry i thought we were playing a silly little game of misrepresenting each others positions, glad i could cheer you up though. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending