The Student Room Group

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Khan - Just Another Blog.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Enginerd.
Hardly felt it after the initial 15 mins after my last set. Don't feel anything now.

Well depends, if it was pump. Its not comfortable but is fine, however if sore don't do hyperextensions. Tbh deadlifts and rows will do a lot for your lower back :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Angry cucumber
Well depends, if it was pump. Its not comfortable but is fine, however if sore don't do hyperextensions. Tbh deadlifts and rows will do a lot for your lower back :smile:

Cheers for the reply.

TBH, today and during the night my back has been feeling really good. I thought I'd have atleast a bit of DOMS from directly training the lower back through Hyper Extensions but I guess I should incorporate them into my workout more often.

Depends how it feels next session I do them again.

Also. Even though I deadlift and Row, I hardly ever feel/felt my lower back. Normally the deadlifts target my quads much more. Form issue?
(edited 9 years ago)
Quite possibly get a video of yourself :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
20/01/2015

Squat: 60 kg - 1x5
70 kg - 1x5
115 kg - 3x2
102.5 kg - 3x3
90 kg - 3x5 (Last reps were paused)
70 kg
- 3x7 (Last reps paused, speed Squats)
CGBP: 65 kg - 3x7
Hyper Extensions: 10 kg - 3x10

Biceps.

Attempted a 90 kg bench. Failed. Proud of Squats, even though they were belted.
22/01/2015

Squat: 80 kg - 1x5
120 kg - 1x2
110 kg - 5x4
Overhead Press: 52.5 kg - 5x5
Barbell Row: 60 kg - 5x8
Barbell Shrugs: 100 kg - 3x8
DB Incline Bench: 22.5 kg - 1x6
25 kg - 1x8
27.5 kg - 1x8
30 kg - 1x5

Done.
24/01/2015

Overhead Press: 60 kg - 1x1 (PB) Mirin Mere Mortals.
Bench: 60 kg - 1x3
80 kg - 1x1 (PB)
85 kg - 1x1 (PB)
72.5 kg - 4x3 (PB)
75 kg - 1x3 (PB)
60 kg - 8x5 (Paused)
Rack Pulls: 60 kg - 1x3
80 kg - 1x3
100 kg - 1x3
120 kg - 2x3
Barbell Row: 70 kg - 5x5
DB Incline Bench: 20 kg - 1x6
25 kg - 3x6 (Paused)

Got dat der plate OH press. Proud. Was not too grindy.
(edited 9 years ago)
27/01/2015: Workout A

Overhead Press: 60 kg - 1x2
Squat: 110 kg - 8x3
Bench Press: 62.5 kg - 5x5 (3 Count Pause)
Barbell Row: 70 kg - 5x5
Dumbell Shrugs: 35 kg - 3x8

Seated Leg Curls and Back Exersizes.

Was going to quit on squats after the 5th set but stuck with it. Happy.
(edited 9 years ago)
29/01/2015

Squat: 100 kg - 3x6
Leg Press: 120 kg - 3x8

Seated Leg Curls.

Problem. I think I've got what is called a tennis elbow. I've not had any problems with my elbow(left) before, but since my previous workout it's been a bit sore? not a sore feeling, but a constant niggle and it seems to have got worse since squatting today. Form has stayed the same as usual. May have to take a couple of sessions off. FML.
(edited 9 years ago)
08/02/2015

Squat: 100 kg - 3x5
Overhead Press: 60 kg - 1x1
50 kg - 1x5

My head just wasn't in it today. Wanted to get out after the squats. Only good thing is, knee sleeves are working great. Had no soreness in knees till now. Happy. Money well spent. Gains will follow. Lost some strength in OH press but it will return. Can't wait to hit gym hard now till mid June.

Some progress pictures won't hurt. Not going for an aesthetic look. Just hoping to put on size without looking fat. #DirtyBulk.
(edited 9 years ago)
You aren't that fat :tongue:

Nice press, vid?

Your press and bench are catching your squat mate, GAIN DEM LEGS

Liking the lats tho

Homo

Mebbe :colone:

Your press and bench are also damn close looking at it. Elbow problems as well... hmmm. A vid of your bench might help. For the time being CGBP and OHP, drop full range benching apart from video and all tricep accessories until the inflammation has decreased

Edit: Look at XYZs post on MBS
You aren't that fat :tongue:

Nice press, vid?

Your press and bench are catching your squat mate, GAIN DEM LEGS

Liking the lats tho

Homo

Mebbe :colone:

Your press and bench are also damn close looking at it. Elbow problems as well... hmmm. A vid of your bench might help. For the time being CGBP and OHP, drop full range benching apart from video and all tricep accessories until the inflammation has decreased

Edit: Look at XYZs post on MBS

WOAH!, pictures came out big!

I probably don't look fat to most but I literally eat whatever, whenever. Not too fussed on diet atm.
Ill try getting vids of different things later on when a mate joins the gym. I never take my phone, so have nothing to record with there atm.
I probably have a 1RM of 125kg squat right now, but my lower back troubles just make it hard to improve on that lift atm. Went to the doctors last week and he checked it out and said nothing was wrong. Just gave me some gel for the imflammation?!.

My pressing has increased significantly recently. Bench is a disgrace but It's a work in progress. Elbow problems have decreased and I pressed today with minimal elbow soreness.
10/02/2015: Workout A

Squat: 100 kg - 3x5
Bench Press: 62.5 kg - 3x5 (3 Count Pause)
Barbell Row: 65 kg - 3x8
Barbell Shrugs: 65 kg - 2x8
95 kg - 2x8
Dumbell Incline Bench: 20 kg - 1x8
22.5 kg - 3x8

Seated Leg Curls and Back Exersizes
Hammer Curls for Biceps (Various)

Happy, with todays workout. Not even a niggle, everything was smooth and I was focusing on that body part. Knee sleeves are great, should've bought some ages ago.

Lost some chest strength, will work on it.

Finally, lately, I have much less time to go gym, and ICF 5x5, is taking alot of time to complete full 5x5 sets. Changed it now to only 3x5, to save time. Will see how this affects me in the next couple workouts. Strength gains may slow down but It's better then nothing.
(edited 9 years ago)
Depends how much time you have, you can drop shrugs and some of the arm accessory stuff :smile:
Measured my flexed biceps, came to around 15 inch. Don't know what to make of that number.

Depends how much time you have, you can drop shrugs and some of the arm accessory stuff :smile:

I could, but if I purely stick with the program, it wouldve still been quite long (Longer then today, even though I did lots of other exersizes). Need some hypertrophy in my life too! Haha
Try supersetting assistance work. Also 5*5 is more hypertrophy based than 3*5 if that's what you care about!
12/02/2015: Workout B

OH Press: 50 kg - 1x3 (Warmup)
60 kg - 1x2
62.5 kg - 1x1 (Doesn't count)
65 kg - 1x1 (Doesn't count)
60 kg - 1x2
50 kg - 3x5
Squat: 102.5 kg - 3x5
Deadlift: 110 kg - 1x5
Barbell Row: 65 kg - 3x8
CGBP: 65 kg - (1x8), (1x6), (1x4)
Skull Crushers: EZ + 20 kg - 3x8 (Paused, cnt from 1 to 8 on each rep for every set)

Other tricep work, plus some back exersizes.

Today was okay, started with OH press as I get weak doing it in the middle. Was confident I could get it, asked a different random to spot me just incase. Asked them to only spot if it goes down on me, and both ended up touching and helping me alot. Aint fussed, they'll learn.

Rest of the workout was okay, nasty tricep pump.

Original post by illusionz
Try supersetting assistance work. Also 5*5 is more hypertrophy based than 3*5 if that's what you care about!

I didn't mean it in that sense, I meant if you wanted to train biceps, you should do exersizes that target them directly e.g. EZ curls.
14/02/2015

Bench Press: 67.5 kg - 3x5
Squat: 105 kg - 3x5 (Last rep on each set, 3 ct pause)

Full Arm Workout!

Deadlift: 100 kg - 1x1
130 kg - 1x1
140 kg - 1x1 (Quickest 3 plate I've ever done)

OKAY!

Had a session at a gym which is about a 15 minute drive. That gym is like 100x better than my current one. Lots of equipment, shame that they only have 1 squat rack. But it's full of people who probably hav'nt ever used it.
Equipment is all pristine, round plates, bars don't roll. More benches.
Best of all, they have two deadlift platforms, one with a normal 20kg bar, and the other with a trap bar. Plates similar to eleiko, not sure of the name. Felt soo good.

Realised how worn down my current gym is, but I have no other option but to stay. Maybe when I get my own car.
Good workout.

Squats felt good, even paused a few which I wouldn't have before entering, bench was flying. Should've had a nice deadlift workout also, but it was in use most of the time I was there. And lastly, a huge full arm pump. Happy.
(edited 9 years ago)
16/02/2015

OH Press: 60 kg - 2x2
50 kg - 3x5
Squat: 107.5 kg - 3x5
CGBP: 65 kg - (1x8), (2x6)
DB Bench Press: 25 kg - 3x8

Back exersizes and seated leg curls.

Good Workout. Very happy with squats.
The gym was really busy today, more so than other days. #InternationalChestDay!
Probably be really quiet in the next few days.

Nice going

Thanks, very happy with progress over last couple weeks.

Quick Reply

Latest