The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Eboracum, please appease the Gods of Football by offering up a worthy sacrifice and we will get the signings you, I and so many others so desperately want!
ManChestHair United
Original post by ElChapo
I really think it's hard to judge Ed Woodward because a lot of his activity is what takes place behind the scenes and we have no real insight into what hes done, so to say hes done a bad job and needs to be sacked is a bit silly, considering you have no idea what he's been doing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When you're the CEO of Manchester United, you have to deliver. He shouldn't have said anything if he wasn't sure. He has done a bad job if he doesn't bring in players.

Not to say transfers is his only job. It's a smaller part of it, but improving the squad is important if we're going to succeed. The last two windows have been extremely important and he hasn't passed the test.
(edited 9 years ago)
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2014/08/11/5027005/blow-for-barcelona-as-vermaelen-is-sidelined-with-thigh

Ahahahaha!
Verm has been hit with an injury and it is not known when he will recover. We certainly dodged a bullet with that one
Original post by AbdulKoyes
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2014/08/11/5027005/blow-for-barcelona-as-vermaelen-is-sidelined-with-thigh

Ahahahaha!
Verm has been hit with an injury and it is not known when he will recover. We certainly dodged a bullet with that one

Golden.
Original post by NathanW18
When you're the CEO of Manchester United, you have to deliver. He shouldn't have said anything if he wasn't sure. He has done a bad job if he doesn't bring in players.

Not to say transfers is his only job. It's a smaller part of it, but improving the squad is important if we're going to succeed. The last two windows have been extremely important and he hasn't passed the test.

It's the most important part of it tbh. Getting commercial deals is great but essentially meaningless if it doesn't lead to players coming in.
Original post by AbdulKoyes

Ahahahaha!

Exactly the reason why I said Barca did us a favour.

Original post by manchesterunited15
It's the most important part of it tbh. Getting commercial deals is great but essentially meaningless if it doesn't lead to players coming in.

Yup. He's done a great job on the Adidas deal, but we need new players to get back to where we need to be.

We pulled out of Verm anyway. They wanted Smalling in exchange.
Exactly the reason why I said Barca did us a favour.

Yup. He's done a great job on the Adidas deal, but we need new players to get back to where we need to be.

lol saw that earlier. He just has a funny face.
Henriquez keeps ending up at pretty crappy clubs. Would rather he was at Wigan than Dinamo Zagreb. They seem likely to end up with a champions' league spot having done well in the first 2 rounds of qualifiers but is playing in the champions' league really worth much if you're loosing 5-0 to like...Celtic or Anderlecht, who ever they end up in a group with.

A season in the Championship and a shot at the League and FA cups I would have thought a much greater experience than Croatian league football and 6 champions' league games which will probably be defeats.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/165/9417721/-
One final thought before bed!

Daley Blind has said he would consider a move to Manchester United if Louis van Gaal were to make a bid, with the Ajax manager, Frank de Boer, admitting the utility player is for sale at the right price.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/11/daley-blind-louis-van-gaal-manchester-united-holland

Is it acceptable if we were to see this window out without signing at least Blind?

He seems good enough with potential to get better obviously, can fill in a number of positions where we are lacking, is open to a move, the manager is open to a move, even if they try and squeeze us for cash we've supposedly got unlimited budget (nice one ed you utter plonker). He isn't first choice or a priority signing but he is available and very relevant.

If we get Vidal and Benatia I'd excuse it [not getting Blind], although I believe bringing in Blind regardless of who else we sign is a good move. If we see out the window without getting him and without any other signings I'd think thats unacceptable from the powers that be.
Van Persie did say that he wouldn't be the only Dutch player here at the end of the window. You'd expect Blind to be the guy we go for. He seems to be open to moving. In before another deadline day full of panic and drama.
Reply 592
Van Persie did say that he wouldn't be the only Dutch player here at the end of the window. You'd expect Blind to be the guy we go for. He seems to be open to moving. In before another deadline day full of panic and drama.

Please no deadline day drama. I'd much prefer everything wrap up at least on week before.
Original post by fadhli
Please no deadline day drama. I'd much prefer everything wrap up at least on week before.

Same, but it looks like it's heading that way.
Same, but it looks like it's heading that way.

So I guess we better prepare the for the same disappointment. :frown:
Reply 595
Original post by Rk2k14
So I guess we better prepare the for the same disappointment. :frown:

I am now playing nba2k14 to distract me from those endless transfer speculations.
Original post by Amphiprion
One final thought before bed!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/11/daley-blind-louis-van-gaal-manchester-united-holland

Is it acceptable if we were to see this window out without signing at least Blind?

He seems good enough with potential to get better obviously, can fill in a number of positions where we are lacking, is open to a move, the manager is open to a move, even if they try and squeeze us for cash we've supposedly got unlimited budget (nice one ed you utter plonker). He isn't first choice or a priority signing but he is available and very relevant.

If we get Vidal and Benatia I'd excuse it [not getting Blind], although I believe bringing in Blind regardless of who else we sign is a good move. If we see out the window without getting him and without any other signings I'd think thats unacceptable from the powers that be.

Maybe your manager/committee have decided that Blind is not good enough.

Your logic is pretty much exactly the same as most people's was for Fellaini last summer (ie last resort but we may as well go for him). Not to say that the thought process is inherently wrong, but just that going for a player deemed sub-standard or not a priority doesn't end well a lot of the time.
(edited 9 years ago)
Vidal and Cuadrado will sign and be unveiled tonight before the Valencia game.

Agent Woodward works in the shadows.
Original post by zKlown
Vidal and Cuadrado will sign and be unveiled tonight before the Valencia game.

Yup. Woodward Also texted me that.

Also, apparently PSG are lining up Rooney bid? Hope we sell him for £30m+
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Dirtybit
Yup. Woodward Also texted me that.

Also, apparently PSG are lining up Rooney bid? Hope we sell him for £30m+

Posted from TSR Mobile

PSG better cough up atleast 35m. 35m+but LVG looks like he rates Rooney so i doubt he'd sell him.

Latest