The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Time for me to flee the thread before the arsenal and chelsea fans come in.
I wonder what Di Maria is thinking now...
2 losses and 2 draws against Burnley, MK Dons, Sunderland and Swansea.

LvGOAT indeed.

Literally can't wait for you to finish 7th
We need to start playing 4-3-3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
We're finished man. LVG said it'll take 3 months, god knows where we'll be at that time.

Why should he get 3 months? This is far worse than Moyes was and this summer you've spent well over £100m.

Posted from TSR Mobile
terrible performance, Burnely defended well. But We should have won. The ****ing ref cost us.
Fudge cake in hell.... Really tired of watching us play like this. Yes we had the odd chances, yes we were a bit unlucky, but I cannot be bothered to watch whatever team is out there playing like they are...... just so demotivating, as if they need a complete overhaul. Yeah the team might need time to adjust to system etc, but this is just awful, there's clearly a lack of confidence in evans, fletcher who was way better in pre season, rooney. My prediction of the year: If in 3 months we're in position 7 or above, we can go on to fight just about for 4th place. If we're below that then expect us to be fighting for europa league. Honest to god, I don't think we can do any worse than we are now once we have shaw, herrera, persie fully focused, rojo and daley for defensive solidity. If we are below 10th place, I don't even wanna.... think about it.
The most worrying thing is Van Gaal can't seem to see what's wrong. It was the same with Moyes, hopelessly and perhaps stubbornly continuing on with something that clearly isn't working.
Is LVG still a GOAT?
strong everything United, strong everything
will have a read back through the melt-down in a minute.. but my thoughts for now:

United were both unlucky, and awful.

Should have had 2 penalties, but that does not take away how poor united were.. should be able to put a goal past burnley in 90 minutes with the attacking players they have..

Burnley tired badly in the last 20 minutes, but even then united could not find a way through..

In a word: Worrying.
There is so much deadwood

anderson, fletch, valencia, evans...

I think shaw, rojo and raf is what we need. We need that width.
Original post by manchesterunited15
it wouldn't be any more harsh though. A penalty is a penalty, fegut

course it is, but you feel like a last minute debateable penalty is harsh on a team who has defended excellently all match - i.e: they may have deserved a point but finished up with 0.

oh well, united suck.
lol.
Van Gaal = GOAT. He is so good he doesn't even need to win games :biggrin:
second half was a bit better, still need to work on our passing though, crossing today was very poor as well.

Blackett just isn't good enough for this level, Mata had an awful game too.

two penalties turned down as well, nothing going right this season so far.
Original post by Strange Fruit
2 losses and 2 draws against Burnley, MK Dons, Sunderland and Swansea.

LvGOAT indeed.

Literally can't wait for you to finish 7th

7th is a bit optimistic?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What happened to LVG being GOAT or GOD?

How much longer does LVG persist with the system? Doesn't help that you're buying more players to fit that system..
Original post by AbdulKoyes
No formation is necessarily bad, IF you have the quality players required to use it efficiently and IF it is appropriate within the league or cup competition said team is playing in. We do not have the players required to play a 3-5-2, nor does it really suit the league, especially when we come up against top opposition

Look at the point he was responding to.
Four games and Van Gaal has not gotten out of his seat once. He's been extremely unconvincing with his formation, tactics and no appearances on the touchline. The players are also playing like ****, though. Don't even know what to say any more. Van Gaal's arrogance is massively hurting us.

Van Gaal can't have a lot of excuses. We have an 'easy' start to the season and he's spent Christ knows how much. Unacceptable.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Stopmessing
We need to start playing 4-3-3

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's painfully obvious now, If LVG can't see this then idk anymore

Latest