The Student Room Group

Girls on tinder, like cereal...wtf do you want?

Scroll to see replies

^ this. I've made plenty of friends from Tinder :smile:
Is it bad that I'm contemplating signing up to it to see what it is like :tongue:
Reply 42
Original post by xOHarriet
^ this. I've made plenty of friends from Tinder :smile:

im sure you have
Reply 43
ok )
Original post by Jakeh
im sure you have

Please tell me more about your extensive experience of tinder lol
Reply 45
Please tell me more about your extensive experience of tinder lol

))))
aesthetics > all

someone i know used fake pics of some male model and got a number in 1 message

Posted from TSR Mobile
Most girls are on there for an ego boost. They have no intention of striking up a conversation. It's also impossible to talk to every match they get (most attractive girls match with everyone they swipe, which could be up to 30 new matches a day!).
Reply 48
Guys on tinder GENERALLY are boring. I've had very few good conversations. If you start with something boring like "Hi" we're highly unlikely to reply. Any vaguely good looking girl will also have so many matches that it's likely your message will get lost.

Nah...I don't take it seriously. I usually give them terrible jokes, or one liners, or make fun of their pictures someone (nothing insulting).

I don't really say **** like 'hey, how're you bbz, up to anything fun dis wkend bb?'

The only time I say **** like that is when they say 'hi' (nothing else) first, because I can't really use one liners then, that window has been closed in my opinion.
Reply 49
Original post by OohBurn
Maybe you're just boring? :rolleyes:

To be fair 95% of the girls on Tinder have at least one picture with a bottle of wine and a description that is either empty or "i luv 2 party xoxoxox".
I've genuinely only found one who sounded like she was actually trying at life... she wasn't interested. :cry:
Christ knows what the guys are like.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by CJKay
To be fair 95% of the girls on Tinder have at least one picture with a bottle of wine and a description that is either empty or "i luv 2 party xoxoxox".
I've genuinely only found one who sounded like she was actually trying at life... she wasn't interested. :cry:

I don't actually use Tinder.. But meh. If you go on apps like Tinder, expect one or two decent fish among the Tinder sea. :tongue:
Reply 51
Original post by OohBurn
I don't actually use Tinder.. But meh. If you go on apps like Tinder, expect one or two decent fish among the Tinder sea. :tongue:

It is unlike any other matchmaking system by way of not being a matchmaking system. The only thing that could possibly come out of it is "wanna bang?" given that pictures are literally the only information you have. I don't even know why I still have it to be honest. :s-smilie:
Reply 52
Original post by CJKay

I've genuinely only found one who sounded like she was actually trying at life

:biggrin: lol'd

You make it sound like the rest have simply given up on life haha.

tbf though, in Ireland at least, most girls I've come across are all in uni. Though I'm in the North, where UU and QUB get the majority of their students...its like I'm permanently on a university campus over the summer.

Creeps mostly, going my the facebook pages at least. Some are quite funny though I have to say. Funny, but creeps none the less.
Original post by bestofyou
:biggrin: lol'd

You make it sound like the rest have simply given up on life haha.

tbf though, in Ireland at least, most girls I've come across are all in uni. Though I'm in the North, where UU and QUB get the majority of their students...its like I'm permanently on a university campus over the summer.

Creeps mostly, going my the facebook pages at least. Some are quite funny though I have to say. Funny, but creeps none the less.

haha p I know people are picky including myself..I need to be more open to different kinds of people.variety is the spice of life after all and I seek adventure.may as well get it while im young.

jaysus youre in ireland!:O tinders hardly successful here...
Most of those are hygiene basics which everyone should be doing regardless of whether or not the want to pull. Also, it is more about how you come off I find. Any backbacker will tell you that soap, shampoo and a smart dress code are not essentials to get laid. Though if you are in a pub in the UK, it is a different story.

In the right pubs a sharp suit and the right keyring helps. Some women are just so shallow. You'd be surpirsed how many soapdodgers there are. The trouble with smell is that your nose soon forgets it so the soapdodger doesnt realise what a sweaty dog breathed minger he is.
Reply 55
Original post by Limpopo
In the right pubs a sharp suit and the right keyring helps. Some women are just so shallow. You'd be surpirsed how many soapdodgers there are. The trouble with smell is that your nose soon forgets it so the soapdodger doesnt realise what a sweaty dog breathed minger he is.

lol
Reply 56
Original post by trustmeimlying1
haha p I know people are picky including myself..I need to be more open to different kinds of people.variety is the spice of life after all and I seek adventure.may as well get it while im young.

jaysus youre in ireland!:O tinders hardly successful here...

Yes indeed. Where about you from?

The brutal country roads certainly don't help, they may be only 10 miles away, but getting there could take forever ha, maybe there is more luck in the cities, who knows. I actually got matched with a girl from west Scotland, it must have been when I was up at the north coast...now that is quite the trek :biggrin:
Yes indeed. Where about you from?

The brutal country roads certainly don't help, they may be only 10 miles away, but getting there could take forever ha, maybe there is more luck in the cities, who knows. I actually got matched with a girl from west Scotland, it must have been when I was up at the north coast...now that is quite the trek :biggrin:

west rural ireland however im up in college up north and yourself

haha indeed fair ****s to yeh for getting matches west scotland or otherwise..doubt id have the same luck.
Reply 58
I've got a decent amount of matches, about 20 and ye many don't even reply. I don't even simply say "hi, how are you" so if they don't reply but still keep you on their matches then they probably just want you as part of their list for their own ego and to show their friends who they have.
Reply 59
Original post by trustmeimlying1
west rural ireland however im up in college up north and yourself

haha indeed fair ****s to yeh for getting matches west scotland or otherwise..doubt id have the same luck.

central(ish) Ulster, just west of the lough. Where you studying?

Quick Reply

Latest