The Student Room Group

Do you get a p45 at 16?

I recently got told to leave my part time job as I am too quiet, so I was wondering if you get a p45 at 16, thank you.
Yes, you'll get a P45.
And sorry to hear that you've lost your job!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 17stephane
I recently got told to leave my part time job as I am too quiet, so I was wondering if you get a p45 at 16, thank you.

Yeah, you will get a P45.
Why have they told you to leave for being too quiet? What job was it?

As the others have said above, you'll get a P45.

Huh, that's a first I've heard of someone being sacked for being 'too quiet'. I'd at least try and dispute it as unfair dismissal perhaps? You're not required to talk to customers, but as long as you assisted them when asked, I really don't see why you should've been dismissed.
Reply 4
Original post by TornadoGR4
As the others have said above, you'll get a P45.

Huh, that's a first I've heard of someone being sacked for being 'too quiet'. I'd at least try and dispute it as unfair dismissal perhaps? You're not required to talk to customers, but as long as you assisted them when asked, I really don't see why you should've been dismissed.

Yeah I got a job at homebase, I reckon it was just because they were over staffed, but apparently my p45 will run out in April so it isn't valid anymore and there will be no recollection of this job so it should be alright.
Yeah I got a job at homebase, I reckon it was just because they were over staffed, but apparently my p45 will run out in April so it isn't valid anymore and there will be no recollection of this job so it should be alright.

Hm, I'd still dispute it if I was you, seems like a very flimsy reason to sack someone over, but if it doesn't bother you then I guess good luck with looking for another job

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending