The Student Room Group

Partner's evidence consistently rejected - multiple jobs

I live with my partner so he has had to give his financial information and evidence of income for 2021/2022 tax year to support my maintenance loan application.

During that year, he was a student and picked up a few different jobs, so his income for that year was from three different employers. He has provide a P45 from one, a P60 from the other, and then logged into his HMRC account and printed off his income tax summary as proof of income from the final employer.

Student Finance has not accepted this as sufficient evidence. What more can he do? They have reduced my maintenance loan to the very minimum and it is not nearly enough for me to live on, even though my partner's income is below the threshold so I should be entitled to maximum maintenance loan.
Hi CharLottyR,

It would normally be a p60 that would be required as p45s are not accepted. If someone has had 2 jobs, they will receive a P60 for each job they had during the year, so if they were employed by two different businesses, then he will have received two separate P60s one from each employer. If he cannot find those p60s, it might be best to check with HMRC.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi CharLottyR,

It would normally be a p60 that would be required as p45s are not accepted. If someone has had 2 jobs, they will receive a P60 for each job they had during the year, so if they were employed by two different businesses, then he will have received two separate P60s one from each employer. If he cannot find those p60s, it might be best to check with HMRC.

Thanks, Clare

Thanks for your response, Clare! It's tricky because P60s are only given if the person is employed with the company on the last day of the tax year, so he only has a P60 for one of the employers because they were short-term jobs happening at different times of the year. I rang SF last month and they said a P45 would be fine in replacement of a P60.
Original post by CharLottyR
Thanks for your response, Clare! It's tricky because P60s are only given if the person is employed with the company on the last day of the tax year, so he only has a P60 for one of the employers because they were short-term jobs happening at different times of the year. I rang SF last month and they said a P45 would be fine in replacement of a P60.

Hi there,

Has he received an email explaining as to why his evidence was rejected? Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending