The Student Room Group

Dwp general executive job reference

Hai
I got a job offer from dwp but the issue one companies i used to work is permanently closed what to do when I have to give the reference from that company
Does dwp will withdraw my job offer if fail to get response from the company
Reply 1
Original post by Vsh
Hai
I got a job offer from dwp but the issue one companies i used to work is permanently closed what to do when I have to give the reference from that company

Hey, you will let them know that the company you used to work for is permanently closed. They are humans they will understand. In case they doubt they can search it up and ask a few questions to test your honesty. I'm sure you won't lack the answers because you worked there
Reply 2
Original post by sammykerre
Hey, you will let them know that the company you used to work for is permanently closed. They are humans they will understand. In case they doubt they can search it up and ask a few questions to test your honesty. I'm sure you won't lack the answers because you worked there

Thank you I did submitted p45 & hmrc tax history also
Reply 3
I got a provisional offer came in on Friday from DWP I accepted that and they asked me to fill in my onboarding information which I did but could not upload my DBS so I tried to call them but no one picked my call so I said I will try on Tuesday since Monday is a bank holiday only for me to get an email this morning to say my application is withdrawn because I did not submit my onboarding information on time. My question is how much time does one get to fill in all the onboarding information? Because I just received the offer Friday the 26th May 2023- now they withdraw it on the 29th May 2023. Has anyone experienced this if so let me know what you did.
Reply 4
Original post by Vsh
Hai

Hi can I ask when you have to provide a person for a reference do they ask you for the persons work email/address or personal address as well
Reply 5
An anyone advise when asking for a person to provide you with a reference what details do they require

Do they ask for the individuals personal address
Reply 6
they only accept work email no personal emails
Reply 7
Only work emails
Reply 8
Original post by Vsh
they only accept work email no personal emails

Do they ask for your referees home address I’ve been asked to do a reference for someone who has got a dwp they asked me for work details then my home address the latter I found really strange so was wondering if any of you had to do that when providing your referees details

Quick Reply

Latest