The Student Room Group

PPE applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

who applied for PPE at royal holloway?? ^^
what do you think about ppe at holloway?

someone have already received any offer from it or from kcl or lse? :smile:))
Reply 21
Original post by vito97
someone have already received any offer from it or from kcl or lse? :smile:))

I've applied to KCL. No offer yet :frown:
Reply 22
Hi! Does anyone know roughly when any of LSE, UCL or Durham may begin to hand out offers? I know people have been receiving offers from UCL, but for other courses.
Reply 23
Original post by AKR7
Hi! Does anyone know roughly when any of LSE, UCL or Durham may begin to hand out offers? I know people have been receiving offers from UCL, but for other courses.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=51415209&highlight=ppe%20struggle

Take a look at the last post. The guy is bragging about receiving PPE offers from UCL and LSE, don't know whether it's true though. I have never heard of some doing both A levels and IB, let alone get the highest possible predictions in both. Maybe I'm wrong though, could be that he is actually speaking the truth.
I think it's a troll? :smile:
Hi everyone! I've applied to Manchester, UCL, LSE and Oxford for PPE. Did Maths, Economics History and Thinking Skills for CIE A-Levels and got AAAB respectively. For my A2, there's an addition of Further Maths.

Manchester has been so kind to give me an AAB offer, and I wonder if it's the same across the board. What I mean is, would the other universities send a three-subject offer, or would they decide to give my A2 life a burden and ask for four?

This question has arose when I heard from a friend that the number of subjects in an offer would often be the same as what is written in the requirement, just that the grades vary. Wondering to what extent is this true though...

Thank you all!
So many potential PPE course mates in Manchester haha.

Didn't realise there's a master PPE thread, and I don't know the ethics in TSR, still new here! So I'm sorry if those goes against any moral rules, but I'll copy the content of my topic and put it here.

Hi everyone! I've applied to Manchester, UCL, LSE and Oxford for PPE. Did Maths, Economics History and Thinking Skills for CIE A-Levels and got AAAB respectively. For my A2, there's an addition of Further Maths.

Manchester has been so kind to give me an AAB offer, and I wonder if it's the same across the board. What I mean is, would the other universities send a three-subject offer, or would they decide to give my A2 life a burden and ask for four?

This question has arose when I heard from a friend that the number of subjects in an offer would often be the same as what is written in the requirement, just that the grades vary. Wondering to what extent is this true though...

Thank you all!
Reply 27
Original post by afifridhwan95
So many potential PPE course mates in Manchester haha.

Didn't realise there's a master PPE thread, and I don't know the ethics in TSR, still new here! So I'm sorry if those goes against any moral rules, but I'll copy the content of my topic and put it here.

Thank you all!

A few of my older friends who were brave enough to undertake 4 A levels received offers from universities with conditional offers based on just three of their A levels - and this included universities such as Oxford, so I wouldn't worry! The only slightly harsh thing I have heard Oxford do is to give students offers based on their Predicted University Grades. So for example, PPE at Oxford is AAA and an individual in the past applied with predicted grades of A*AA and were subsequently given an offer based on these grades.
So from my (limited) experience of University applications, I've never heard of an offer dependent on four a levels:biggrin:
Good luck with your application!
Original post by tophtam
A few of my older friends who were brave enough to undertake 4 A levels received offers from universities with conditional offers based on just three of their A levels - and this included universities such as Oxford, so I wouldn't worry! The only slightly harsh thing I have heard Oxford do is to give students offers based on their Predicted University Grades. So for example, PPE at Oxford is AAA and an individual in the past applied with predicted grades of A*AA and were subsequently given an offer based on these grades.
So from my (limited) experience of University applications, I've never heard of an offer dependent on four a levels:biggrin:
Good luck with your application!

That's really helpful (And calming) information, thanks! I'm seriously considering dropping a subject, and I guess I'm in the same boat as your friend there (A*AA prediction). By "based on these grades", do you mean that he actually had to fulfill the prediction or grades slightly higher than that?

Also, anyone heard anything from PPE first-timers Unis? Yes I do mean LSE and UCL :tongue: Last email I got was from LSE, saying they'll get back to me in 8 weeks time (That was 2-3 weeks ago, yikes!)
Reply 29
That's really helpful (And calming) information, thanks! I'm seriously considering dropping a subject, and I guess I'm in the same boat as your friend there (A*AA prediction). By "based on these grades", do you mean that he actually had to fulfill the prediction or grades slightly higher than that?

Ooh sorry! I guess "based on these grades" is quite vague! I meant that A*AA became the offer that they needed to achieve! I think A*A*A or even A*A*A* is slightly too cruel an offer for a course like PPE - even for Oxford :tongue:
Original post by tophtam
Ooh sorry! I guess "based on these grades" is quite vague! I meant that A*AA became the offer that they needed to achieve! I think A*A*A or even A*A*A* is slightly too cruel an offer for a course like PPE - even for Oxford :tongue:

Hahaha it was pretty clear on my first read but I was just trying to make sure, no worries! Really hoping to go there, following the footsteps of my country's Sports Minister. Not exactly planning on joining politics, but he's a good role model to admire. (For external research, his name is khairy jamaluddin)
Hahaha it was pretty clear on my first read but I was just trying to make sure, no worries! Really hoping to go there, following the footsteps of my country's Sports Minister. Not exactly planning on joining politics, but he's a good role model to admire. (For external research, his name is khairy jamaluddin)

Yay another malaysian, I must have seen you at the British council last week then hahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sellerofdreams
Yay another malaysian, I must have seen you at the British council last week then hahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! Nice to see another Malaysian here. You would be able to remember me, I was the odd one out. The guy with the formal outfit (My international school uniform lol). Shall we know each other through PM?
Reply 33
Offer from Exeter, that's it so far.

Applied to Oxford, Warwick and LSE also- (Durham for Economics as I haven't done a humanities subject)
Got offers from Warwick plus Bristol and Nottingham unconditional for Econ&Pols
I am handing in another PS to Durham as I didnt do humanity subject but applied for PPE, has anybody got offer form Durham yet ??

I REALLY WANNT GOOOO THERE.....

Thank you all!

Hey, just giving this thread a little bump in the hopes someone will see it and reply :smile:

Have you found University Connect yet? It's super useful for finding other people on your course/at your university! :smile:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Hey, just giving this thread a little bump in the hopes someone will see it and reply :smile:

Have you found University Connect yet? It's super useful for finding other people on your course/at your university! :smile:

Thanks for the bump! But I've somewhat gotten my answer on the 2015 PPE thread. Would still be useful to get another insight though!

To be honest, not yet! Still new here you see. I'll give it a look soon, thanks!
Thanks for the bump! But I've somewhat gotten my answer on the 2015 PPE thread. Would still be useful to get another insight though!

To be honest, not yet! Still new here you see. I'll give it a look soon, thanks!

Ah that's good, glad you found the thread. :smile:

You're welcome :h:
Reply 39
Original post by rootless_z
I am handing in another PS to Durham as I didnt do humanity subject but applied for PPE, has anybody got offer form Durham yet ??

I REALLY WANNT GOOOO THERE.....

Is that possible? I emailed them and they said a humanities subject was required... So I applied there for Econ with a different PS. They implied I would automatically be turned down without a humanities subject- and that was with 4A* at A2.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending