The Student Room Group

PPE applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

I've got 3 offers so far, from Manchester, York, and Royal Holloway. Waiting on Goldsmiths and Oxford.
Original post by vito97
who applied for PPE at royal holloway?? ^^
what do you think about ppe at holloway?

someone have already received any offer from it or from kcl or lse? :smile:))

I got an offer from Royal Holloway PPE on the 3rd of November ABB
I've got 3 offers so far, from Manchester, York, and Royal Holloway. Waiting on Goldsmiths and Oxford.
Manchester AAB (14th October)
York AAA with an A in Maths (17th October)
Royal Holloway ABB (3rd November)
I do Maths, History and Government and Politics. Predicted A*AA*
Original post by Evie13
Hi everybody!
I didn't see a thread for people who have received offers from university's for PPE.
Has anyone got an offer yet?
I applied to Warwick (PPE), Nottingham(PPE), York(PPE), Lancaster(PPE) and Sheffield (Economics and Philosophy).
But I've only received an offer from Sheffield.
How about everyone else?

Got my offer from york on the 17th of October
Original post by flipflop1
I'm going to apply to do PPE but I have a slight problem.. I got AAAC in my AS exams with the C being in maths. I'm predicted A*A*A* in History, Philosophy, Economics. Will the top unis reject me because of my poor maths grade? (im not applying to Oxford). Thanks

Maths is only a requirement for lse and ucl, they tend to focus on your A2s. But as the economis is basically maths, it could be a bit iffy
Original post by vito97
who applied for PPE at royal holloway?? ^^
what do you think about ppe at holloway?

someone have already received any offer from it or from kcl or lse? :smile:))

My friend just received an offer from LSE for PPE 2/3 days ago but she told me about how LSE sent an email the week before saying that the applicants were so good they needed to do interviews (LSE don't normally do interviews for any of their subjects I think)
I guess she wasn't one of the people needing interviews for a place but they are definitely in the process of reviewing applicants etc.
Original post by Mariam35
My friend just received an offer from LSE for PPE 2/3 days ago but she told me about how LSE sent an email the week before saying that the applicants were so good they needed to do interviews (LSE don't normally do interviews for any of their subjects I think)
I guess she wasn't one of the people needing interviews for a place but they are definitely in the process of reviewing applicants etc.

When did your friend apply for it? :smile: I applied on the 1st of October and haven't recieved anything since the 8 week email.
She applied for Oxford so it was definitely before the 15th of OCT deadline, probably a couple days before
Good luck :smile:
Haha, really wish I applied to G&E instead now: less oversubscribed. :P
Reply 49
Hello all,

I've applied Leeds, Exeter, King's College London (PPL), Oxford and Warwick.
I have offers from Leeds (35 (I take the I.B.)) & Exeter (34 points).
I won't get a KCL offer for a while (if I get one at all!) because I still need to take the LNAT.
I'm thinking I won't get an Oxford interview because I messed up the TSA (to be fair I do have good predicted grades and a good (if I do say so myself) personal statement, but who doesn't?!).
So I really do want an offer from Warwick.

Good luck everyone :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by ellen_l

So I really do want an offer from Warwick.

Good luck everyone :smile:

Hello Ellen,

I think Warwick is slowly starting to send offers - got mine just today!
My TSA also went ridiculously badly. Goodbye Oxford, I guess.
Reply 51
Original post by zuzannag
Hello Ellen,

Hey Zuzannag,

That's certainly reassuring! I'm just keeping my fingers crossed :-)
& ahh well, who wants to go to Oxford, anyway?!

Congrats on your offer, by the way!
(edited 9 years ago)
Hello Ellen,

Congrats! I thought my TSA was terrible so it's nice to know there's always Warwick :P
Reply 53
Hello Ellen,

Sorry to hear about your TSA, but who knows, you could still get an interview? Congrats on Warwick btw- I'm still waiting on a reply. Can you remember what time you received the offer, I don't know why I want to know, but as it is I jump every time I get an email :P

Thanks.
Warwick are well known for sending offers quickly so it's worrying me that I still haven't got one :frown: anyone else feel the same?
Reply 55
Original post by nich01as
Can you remember what time you received the offer, I don't know why I want to know, but as it is I jump every time I get an email :P

Thanks.

Thanks! I got the e-mail around 2 PM. And yes, I died a little :biggrin:
Reply 56
Just got an offer from LSE :biggrin:
Reply 57

Congrats!!! :biggrin:
just found this thread!

applied for manchester / oxford / ucl and york, received offer from manchester in mid oct.

Woww, that's amazing! Congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending