The Student Room Group

PPE applicants 2015

champlin stop grimpin
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, hope this takes off.

I'm a very revolutionary, anti establishment type, so I decided to write my PS in a very critical manner.

Depending on predicted grades, Im applying for warwick, oxford, kings (for PPL), Exeter and machester.

Unis prefer maths but wont reject you. I dont do any of P,P or E!
hey guys i changed my mind very recently to do PPE so im not sure on where to apply yet and havent started the PS.

Im predicted 3 A* so im thinking of applying to oxford but i dont know if i would enjoy myself there ...
which unis are supposed to be good for PPE ? have you guys got any advice on where i should be applying?
Heads up to PPE applicants - LSE and UCL are commencing PPE in 2015. A rare chance to be in the inauguration classes.
Reply 5
I'm going to apply to do PPE but I have a slight problem.. I got AAAC in my AS exams with the C being in maths. I'm predicted A*A*A* in History, Philosophy, Economics. Will the top unis reject me because of my poor maths grade? (im not applying to Oxford). Thanks
Reply 6
I got 3 As and a B after my English remark....Should be predicted A*AA with my AS lvel at an A.
Reply 7
My PS contains 40% politics, 25% econ, 15% philosophy...20% activities. Is this ok?
Hi :smile:

I got AABB at AS in biology (A), maths (A), chemistry (B) and French (B) and I'm now studying biology, maths and French.

I've applied to Durham, York, Manchester, Leeds and Exeter, and I got my first offer from Manchester today (AAB) :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm applying for PPE soon and I got AABB at AS in maths, biology, French and chemistry (I dropped chemistry). I'm predicted A* (maths) AA (french and biology) this year.

I definitely want to apply for York (AAA because I'm doing maths A2), Manchester (AAB) and Lancaster (AAB) but I'm not sure whether to apply for Durham (A*AA)/Leeds (AAA) and Exeter (AAA-AAB)/UEA (ABB).

I haven't visited Durham or Exeter and I'm not sure if my grades are good enough for Durham, especially as I only got 3A*s 7As and a B at GCSE. I like Exeter more than UEA but UEA is ABB and I think I might really need that as a lower insurance choice, rather than Lancaster/Manchester at AAB being the lowest.

I just don't know!!! I have no idea if my grades are that good compared to other applicants and I just don't know if I'm good enough for places like Durham but I also don't want to apply to places that I wouldn't be happy at (potentially UEA...) I need some help :frown:
What about warwick, Goldsmiths or UCL?? As an overseas student-to-be I wish to know what you guys think/know about the reputation of this universities!!
Thanks and good luck! :biggrin:
Original post by andreacardenasr
What about warwick, Goldsmiths or UCL?? As an overseas student-to-be I wish to know what you guys think/know about the reputation of this universities!!

UCL is very very good but only looking to take on about 20 students I heard, so I decided against it in the end. Warwick also very competitive and I just prefered Durham and York personally. Goldsmiths is okay but because London is so expensive I'd prefer to go to a better university if I were going to London.

I applied to Durham, York, Manchester, Leeds and Exeter in the end and I had an offer from Manchester today :biggrin:
1) What universities are you applying for?
2) What are your predicted A2 grades?
3) Where would you like to see yourself (career wise) after you graduate? Or what options will you have as a career path?
Reply 13
Hi everybody!
I didn't see a thread for people who have received offers from university's for PPE.
Has anyone got an offer yet?
I applied to Warwick (PPE), Nottingham(PPE), York(PPE), Lancaster(PPE) and Sheffield (Economics and Philosophy).
But I've only received an offer from Sheffield.
How about everyone else?
I applied for PPE at Oxford, UCL and LSE (Econ and Politics at St Andrews and Edinburgh). Really wish I had applied to Durham or Kings instead of Edinburgh.
Reply 15
Hello!

I have applied for PPE at Oxford, Warwick, York, Manchester and Leeds. I have an offer of AAB from Manchester and an offer of AAA from Leeds:smile:

How are the Oxford applicants finding the delightful TSA?:tongue:
Reply 16
Original post by GandalfWhite
Heads up to PPE applicants - LSE and UCL are commencing PPE in 2015. A rare chance to be in the inauguration classes.

KCL as well! I applied to all three.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Hi there!

Also a future PPEist (hopefully). Oxford, UCL, Durham, Warwick, KCL.
No offers yet. How about you?
I have a friend who applied for PPE
I think Warwick and York have started giving offers now because she got hers already for PPE there
Original post by andreacardenasr

UCL is insanely good academically and reputation-wise but I've heard complaints about quality of teaching on some modern language courses (??) although that person might have just been grumbling haha

Gorgeous front building thing. Very expensive to live in. But worth it I guess if rankings are your thing? top 4 in the world right now IIRC?

Warwick is in the middle of nowhere. But the campus is really nice apparently. Pretty ****ing good rep

Goldsmiths isn't in central London, which makes it cheaper for living etc. Very very good rep for fine art / sociology / anthropology etc., for everything else - rep could be a lot better, but, it's a quirky odd little place. Apparently full of hipsters and arty people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending