The Student Room Group

CASS IFRM vs Surrey Economics and Maths

I'm hoping to pursue a career at a BB IB preferably in a Front Office role. I want to know which University, out of these two choices, will give me the best chance of achieving my final goal. I know that in an ideal scenario, attending LSE or Oxbridge would give me the ultimate chances but after good GCSE grades I undertook 6 AS Levels whilst simultaneously doing quite a lot of extra-curriculars. This gave me quite a task recovering and I'm wishing (after pretty much resitting the whole 2 years this year) that I'll exceed my expectations but at the minute this is what I have on my plate. I have these two offers and I want to know which one will be more "fruitful". Any advice and I'll be eternally thankful :smile:
Whatever course you'd think you enjoy more tbh. Cass IFRM focuses more on market side, not sure about Surrey's clout in the IB scene, to be honest. Cass is pretty well-known in the City, I'm not too sure on international reputation but then I assume internationally it would be equal to Surrey. I may be mistaken. Know couple Cass grads in industry and met one Econ Surrey grad working in Asset Management. So they both have the potential but then again it's up to you to join relevant societies/do internships/get good academic results/SWs and the rest of the prerequisites banks are after nowadays to even secure an interview. All the best with your decision.

I'll be studying IFRM at Cass, anyhow.. good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending