The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Bike Storage in Endcliffe Village

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how good cycle storage facilities are in the Endcliffe Village, I have a pretty decent Bike and I want to be sure it is safe. I know they have facilities but i'm not sure how good they are. If anyone has any pictures, that would be even better :smile:
No photos and didn't use them myself, but I knew someone who did and they were fine the entire year. There are both outdoor rails to attach your bike to as well as indoor storage facilities which you have to use your card/tag to get into, not sure where they're located in Endcliffe though as I lived in Ranmoor.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
They have these big sturdy steel rails right next to all the doorways in Endcliffe village to store bikes. If you have your own bike lock, then they are perfectly safe. No-one would even think about trying to steal from them anyway, as there are always students walking through endcliffe (even at 4am haha). They also have service stations in several locations. I had one in front of my flat, although I'm not sure where the others are.
Reply 3
I believe there are units within every other building or something like that, from what I remember. You get the access on your fob for it.
Reply 4
Theres a whole secure inside cycle store in the basement of Froggatt A block :smile:

To get in you just ask reception to activate you fob. Inside theres enough racks for >50 bikes for sure!
I stored my bike in the indoor cycle storage when I lived in Endcliffe - there's roughly one lot of cycle storage per block, ie. one for Froggatt, one for Millstone, one for Derwent etc. to get cycle storage, you just need to take your key fob to the edge reception, and they activate it for you, for the location that is most convenient for you. I didn't do anything about cycle storage until late October when I finally brought my bike to Sheffield, and consequently there wasn't any storage left for my block, so it lived in Millstone while I lived in Froggatt.

That said, as long as you get on it within the first week or so it shouldn't be a problem! Like other people have said, there are also rails outside every single block you can lock your bike to, but these aren't covered over. You also can't store your bike inside your flat or in the lobby to your building. All the indoor cycle storage is secured by key fob, and to be honest, most people don't even know it's there! There were five other bikes and a kayak in the Millstone storage when my bike lived in there! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending