The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Best/ Worst Accommodation in Sheffield?

I have no idea which accommodation to look at as they all look the same, but any current/ former Uni of students... what accom is the best to look at? I was thinking yarncliffe or froggat but not sure if this good choice or not. Personally I like to be sociable and enjoy things like clubbing, making new friends etc but also dont want to be woken up at like 2am in the morning if ive got a 9am the next day, is there an accom that offers a mix between the two of these?
iQ is good. however, i have found WestOne to be the best. Right at the city center. One of the good clubs is just at the foot of the buildings.

yet WestOne offers serenity and quietness of living in the apartment. you can try iQ and WestOne. Both have several buildings but take the ones near the city center if you want good city life as well.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by Anonymous
I have no idea which accommodation to look at as they all look the same, but any current/ former Uni of students... what accom is the best to look at? I was thinking yarncliffe or froggat but not sure if this good choice or not. Personally I like to be sociable and enjoy things like clubbing, making new friends etc but also dont want to be woken up at like 2am in the morning if ive got a 9am the next day, is there an accom that offers a mix between the two of these?

Hiya,

There are a few different options for accommodation that is provided by the University of Sheffield and I would recommend staying in University provided accommodation in your first year as this will guarantee that you are living with students attending the same uni and will be going through the transition from sixth form to uni life together.

1) Endcliffe & Ranmoor
- I lived in Froggatt block in my first year and found that this was a nice balance as it is really sociable and lots of people will enjoy going on nights out etc but the block is one back from the main pathway in Endcliffe so it was not as loud as Howden/ Derwent. If you select to stay in a flat higher up, it won't be as loud as well. Yarncliffe is close to Froggatt and one back from the main pathway as well.
- If you want to have a quieter experience, Ranmoor e.g. Wingather block may be better as it is still sociable but a smaller accommodation site so will be quieter however Endcliffe does have the Edge (cafe/bar etc) and is known to be more lively

2) City accommodation
- Allen Court and Broad Lane are really close to campus (2 mins from the diamond) but the majority of students do favour Endcliffe/ Ranmoor due to the 'student village' facilities

Hopefully this helps with your decision and let me know if you have any more questions about accommodation!
- Becca :smile:
Does anyone have photos of endcliffe vale / crescent flats? I've heard mixed reviews about these and I'm trying to decide whether I should go for the cheaper accommodation or not. Pictures of the room, kitchen and bathroom would be great please. thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending