The Student Room Group

What does this mean (Unconditional offer (firmly accepted))

Basically Birmingham wanted AAB and I was sure I didnt get that, so I just looked at UCAS Track and I saw that it says "(Unconditional offer (firmly accepted))".

Does this mean I didnt get AAB and they still chose to accept me or could I still have got AAB?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you didn't get the grades then they have still accepted you either way, you have got in congrats :smile: Just waiting on my main, Got accepted on my insurance.
Original post by momanium
Basically Birmingham wanted AAB and I was sure I didnt get that, so I just looked at UCAS Track and I saw that it says "(Unconditional offer (firmly accepted))".

Does this mean I didnt get AAB and they still chose to accept me or could I still have got AAB?

Could be either. Doesn't matter!
Reply 3

Congratulations, you're in. You'll have to wait until you collect your results to find out exactly what you got.
Unconditional means accepted, congratulations :biggrin:

You never know about the grades, maybe you got them, maybe you didn't but they've still accepted.

It means they've accepted you, well done! You might not have got lower grades than they asked for but they accepted you anyway
Reply 6
Original post by gtxnato1
If you didn't get the grades then they have still accepted you either way, you have got in congrats :smile: Just waiting on my main, Got accepted on my insurance.

Original post by Carnationlilyrose

Original post by Zottula
Congratulations, you're in. You'll have to wait until you collect your results to find out exactly what you got.

Original post by rockrunride
Unconditional means accepted, congratulations :biggrin:

You never know about the grades, maybe you got them, maybe you didn't but they've still accepted.

Original post by University of Bradford
It means they've accepted you, well done! You might not have got lower grades than they asked for but they accepted you anyway

Thanks for all the replies.

Unfortunately I would rather do a different course (computer systems engineering) and I didnt want them to accept me. I only decided this very recently so I am in a bit of a fiddle.

If I ask them to release me, would I get put straight to clearing or would I have to then ask my insurance to do the same?
Thanks for all the replies.

Unfortunately I would rather do a different course (computer systems engineering) and I didnt want them to accept me. I only decided this very recently so I am in a bit of a fiddle.

If I ask them to release me, would I get put straight to clearing or would I have to then ask my insurance to do the same?

It might be a good idea to get your results first, so then you'll know how many tariff points you've got in the bag. You'll need to get them from your school though, UCAS and the universities can't give them out.
Reply 8

Thanks for the reply.

It means you got in ... I got mine from UWE this morning over the phone :biggrin:
Thanks for the reply.

You can't hold any offers to be in clearing, so you need to speak to whoever you are holding an offer from and get out of it.
Reply 11
You can't hold any offers to be in clearing, so you need to speak to whoever you are holding an offer from and get out of it.

Thanks.

What I mean is if I ask Birmingham to release me and (provided I have met my insurance offer), would I then get automatically put to my insurance or do I go straight to clearing?

So essentially will I have to also ask Surrey (insurance) to release me to?
Thanks.

What I mean is if I ask Birmingham to release me and (provided I have met my insurance offer), would I then get automatically put to my insurance or do I go straight to clearing?

So essentially will I have to also ask Surrey (insurance) to release me to?

Your insurance disappeared the moment your firm accepted you, so you only have to deal with Birmingham.
Guys my firm says (conditional offer(firmly accepted)) ?????????????????

Both are possible, congratulations :smile:. You don't need to worry as much since your firm accepted you! All the best
Reply 15
I need GCSE English grade to get to the Uni of Kent, but results are on 21 st, so if I didn't meet the conditions, it will be too late for clearing?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by goobypls
Guys my firm says (conditional offer(firmly accepted)) ?????????????????

That maybe means your track haven't been updated yet, so you have to wait a little longer, sorry :sorry:. Or your firm is still considering you if you are a near miss applicant (Hopefully this does not happen). If you got your result already then you can ring up your uni to ask. All the best and good luck :smile:
Reply 17
Your insurance disappeared the moment your firm accepted you, so you only have to deal with Birmingham.

Thanks for all the help today!

I just phoned Birmingham and they said send an email and it should be done in an hour.

Thing is I (stupidly) just clicked the adjustment button on track and it now says registered for adjustment. Will I still be able to see my clearing number when Birmingham does it? Hope I havent messed it up!

I just phoned Birmingham and they said send an email and it should be done in an hour.

Thing is I (stupidly) just clicked the adjustment button on track and it now says registered for adjustment. Will I still be able to see my clearing number when Birmingham does it? Hope I havent messed it up!

No, you would only end up going to a university through adjustment if you actually found a course and added it. Not something you're likely to do by accident!

The clearing button will appear when Track goes live at 5pm.

You haven't messed up. It's fine. If you don't find an alternative in Adjustment then nothing new happens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending