The Student Room Group

Early Univeristy Confirmation

I am curious as to how or why my place at the univeristy of northampton has been confirmed Weeks before the actual A-Level results day as I had received a conditional offer. Could they have done it by mistake or have I actually been accepted?
Original post by ahsanabbas123
I am curious as to how or why my place at the univeristy of northampton has been confirmed Weeks before the actual A-Level results day as I had received a conditional offer. Could they have done it by mistake or have I actually been accepted?

Has your status updated on UCAS Hub or have you received an email from the uni?
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
Has your status updated on UCAS Hub or have you received an email from the uni?

I had recieved an update from UCAS like a few days ago congratulating me on being accepted into that uni and said the uni will send an email about the next steps
I had recieved an update from UCAS like a few days ago congratulating me on being accepted into that uni and said the uni will send an email about the next steps

In that case congratulations - you offer has gone unconditional and you have your place. :grin:
Reply 4
Original post by normaw
In that case congratulations - you offer has gone unconditional and you have your place. :grin:

Thanks for helping but i’m still anxious and does that mean my results don’t rlly matter as much but obliviously I still care about my grades.
Reply 5
Original post by normaw

Sorry one last question. Roughly how long would the uni take to send me an email about my confirmation?
Thanks for helping but i’m still anxious and does that mean my results don’t rlly matter as much but obliviously I still care about my grades.

If it is unconditional, then you have a place no matter what your results are. I can't say how long it will take to receive the email as all unis have their own procedures and timescales. I don't think it would be unreasonable to call them on Friday if you haven't received anything by then.

Yep. The government cracked down on unconditional offers to applicants without their results. So desperate universities now just make everyone unconditional in July when it won’t show up on the government statistics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending