The Student Room Group

HMRC Compliance CaseWorker Conditional Offer Withdrawn?

Hello,

im hoping somone can help me, maybe someone who was experiance the same thing.

i not long ago did my interview for the EO Compliance Caseworker role and got my results back to say i was on the reserve list. however around 30 mins after that email i received one to tell me the following

We’re thrilled to extend an offer to you for the position of Compliance Caseworker, Band O, at HMRC’s Manchester location. We are looking forward to welcoming you to the team.

"We apologise for the error that happened earlier today where you were placed on Reserve List in error.

Before we dive into the details, it’s important to remember that this offer is conditional, and you’ll need to complete and pass our pre-employment checks."

the next day (yesterday) the conditional offer was withdrawn and i got the following email telling me there was an error in their system and more people were given the job than should have.

i even withdraw from my other postion in Home Office that was having checks ongoing on hearing i was given a conditional offer for this.

sure this cannot be allowed, now i have been left stranded.

has anyone else experienced this before?
Original post by Ameer1998
Hello,

im hoping somone can help me, maybe someone who was experiance the same thing.

i not long ago did my interview for the EO Compliance Caseworker role and got my results back to say i was on the reserve list. however around 30 mins after that email i received one to tell me the following

We’re thrilled to extend an offer to you for the position of Compliance Caseworker, Band O, at HMRC’s Manchester location. We are looking forward to welcoming you to the team.

"We apologise for the error that happened earlier today where you were placed on Reserve List in error.

Before we dive into the details, it’s important to remember that this offer is conditional, and you’ll need to complete and pass our pre-employment checks."

the next day (yesterday) the conditional offer was withdrawn and i got the following email telling me there was an error in their system and more people were given the job than should have.

i even withdraw from my other postion in Home Office that was having checks ongoing on hearing i was given a conditional offer for this.

sure this cannot be allowed, now i have been left stranded.

has anyone else experienced this before?

A lot of people experienced the same thing including me. It’s really a shame that they made such a costly error.
Reply 2
Original post by ganiru.ogene063
A lot of people experienced the same thing including me. It’s really a shame that they made such a costly error.

Hello, it truly is a shame! also have you gotten a reply back ? they said they would get back in 48 hours, but i haven't heard back from them and its been a week?
Hello, it truly is a shame! also have you gotten a reply back ? they said they would get back in 48 hours, but i haven't heard back from them and its been a week?

No reply yet from them.
Reply 4
hello, got a reply back but confirming I'm still on reserve list in the 7th positon.
(edited 6 months ago)
hello, got a reply back but confirming I'm still on reserve list in the 7th positon.

I also got a reply from them and am 5th on the list. I applied to Glasgow.
Reply 6
Never withdrawn from other applications with offers until you have firmly accepted a offer AFTER PECs have been completed.
Reply 7
Has anyone received an unconditional or conditional offer letter after pre-employment checks was completed for the role of AO Compliance Caseworker, Campaigns and Projects (any location)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending